Glass bodied 1957 VW

Bajas, Rails and Parts
CopperBaja

Re: Glass bodied 1957 VW

Post by CopperBaja »

mgobaja wrote:Am I asking too much for this or just bad timing maybe ?
Advertising on your local CL and Samba as well? RaceDezert? Glamisdunes?

I'm getting alot of trade offers, if you are flexible....that's an option. Nothing I want, though. :(

It's a solid car and if I had the money, I would buy it and lower the price on my baja. 8)
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
mgobaja

Post by mgobaja »

Price has been reduced. $6000
mgobaja

Post by mgobaja »

Ok, last reduction. $5000 - CASH only, no trades. And at this price I keep the HID lights and bar.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

mgobaja, Leather pretty much hit it on the head. You have what looks and sounds like a very nice buggy and I mean right up there but unfortunately not much is selling right now... especially in the “I don't have to have it to live” category; even some of the wealthy are having to cut back some.

Toys are hard to sell right now. I have been looking at a buggy that has been for sale for I think for at least 2 years plus; it started out at something like $7500 and the last time I saw it posted is now under $4000. Look on The Samba's classified ads http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ under “Other - VW Vehicles” and “off-road” categories’ and you see some of the same cars repeatedly up for sale with and without changes in price; the same for eBay, same cars time after time and many with no bid on them n(Replica and kits, other makes, and maybe some other places like VW’s).

Cars that in the past would normally catch a good price are gone wanting unless it is something really special (and then why is it up for sale, it is not a necessity or bills need to be paid) they are selling for a fraction of what they were… assuming they sell in the first place.

It is not your car for sure; it is the circumstances we are currently in. I have seen this happen several times in my life and I am sure it is not going to be the last time either (depending on what happens on 12/21/2012 that is) Good luck selling it as it would make someone a very nice driver.

Lee

Post by 560 »

What they said ^^^^^^^^^^ in 2012.
I also am in the same boat selling cars, not much fun.

Mike
Jackpot motorsports