ISO Baja

Bajas, Rails and Parts
Leatherneck

ISO Baja

Post by Leatherneck »

I'm looking for a Baja, one that is ready to go or if a killer deal one I can swap parts into. if you don't have one but know of one please let me know. How much depends on what it has, not looking for A-Arm LS1 that can drive the streets of San Diego but looking for something that can handle OR. Never had a Baja, only ridden in three, never drove one. I'm new at this so be nice.
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: ISO Baja

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

$$$$?

How soon?

Suspension front and rear preference?

The capital OR. . . did that mean "option" or Oregon?

Sounded almost like a "newby" for a second Leather and that is nothing against newbys' either.

Lee
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5702404440.html

There is a lot of work done here but I think it is a bit high priced but it looks to be kind of like an option you didn't describe :twisted: . Is this kind of what you are looking for leather?
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

That ones pretty good right there Leatherneck. about an hour from my place, you can come up empty and we'll just send you home with a baja in my trailer :wink:
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Leather I got feeling sorry for you and your soft search for a Bwaaahaha and your not having a "OR" (I'm now assuming it means off-road) Baja so I did some searching again in the Portland OR area.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/5677879262.html

This is a very clean Baja but again you have to pay for a clean Baja

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/5694660242.html

This is one of those things it is hard to tell what is there. It says "a 54 oval on a 65 pan" but based on how the wheels sit and its clearance/lift I wonder if it has been updated suspension wise... like IRS (???) maybe????

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/5672012726.html

This isn't a really a clean Baja but it is really clean. It is expensive but might be worth peeking at it anyway. It has tons of class and can do double duty in the right hands.

Lee
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Thanks Lee, I am looking for something that I can sell or incorporate into a project. So 69-71 ish and be able to bump down the Mojave trail. I do have a rail I could use parts from if the right project came along but I am more after something turnkey. I want to see if a baja project is worth the time and money or stick with what I have.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

But Leather... you need that Tow'd so bad!!! :twisted: It really is nice and I could imagine you cruising down Mohave trail while Marine Cursing up a stream of expletives' as you bounce along enjoying yourself. :twisted:

The ones I sent would be so done you wouldn't have to do anything much. That blue one... I wonder if there is more there than has been said like an IRS swap. Just not sure.

Most of the other stuff I see for sale is so early in a build (and asking too much) or much later in a build and they are asking too much.

People just don't realize that this is a hobby not a money making thing(flip). One of the bad things about some of the build shows and they sell stuff for so much money but people don't always realize just how much time and money is really thrown at these things as well as the deep discount from the advertisements they slip in during the builds.

When I was a kid it was Hemming's that was screwing up process now it is the auction houses that are televising them and the big money they are getting. I can't tell you how many times I have been told by someone that their car was worth $$$ because that is what Hemming's and the auctions were showing. They are selling the best of the best.

One of the shows does state that some of their builds are taking a rear or even longer to get the car done.

Sorry about the rant guys.