Goodbye dizzy, hello direct coil.

Piledriver

Re: Goodbye dizzy, hello direct coil.

Post by Piledriver »

Devastator wrote:Other than wiring for an additional direct coil control, what changes do I need to make to my MS2 in order to run MS2Extra?
Unless are upgrading from MS1-extra with extra circuits, nothing.
Some of the pin usage changes between MS1-extra and MS2-extra, but in your case, should be a straight upgrade.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Devastator

Post by Devastator »

Piledriver wrote:Unless are upgrading from MS1-extra with extra circuits, nothing.
Some of the pin usage changes between MS1-extra and MS2-extra, but in your case, should be a straight upgrade.
AWESOME! Thanks Pile. :D
Devastator's Build Thread

Sandrail

2.4 liter, supercharged Chevy Ecotec

"If everything seems under control, you're just not
going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Export your ve and timing tables/make a note of reqfuel in TS if you think they are really nailed.

With Ms2-extra, you have the option for 16x16 VE tables.

The latest 3.3.0b code implements a backport of MS3s MAP averaging and windowed filtering that works MUCH better, btw...
Also has some significant idle improvements.

if your injector size allows it, try 2 squirts simultaneous and turn on semi sequential, try to get as much of the shot in while the intake valve is CLOSED.

VE Analyze live rocks BTW, I decided to rescale my VE table and change the MAP sampling routine to try on the way to work the other day...
No problems, and I had a good map VE map in minutes.

The max count in the VE table is 255, using most of the range gives finer granularity at idle etc.

If you want to use closed loop O2 control give yourself ~20% headroom in the VE table as it's an adder.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.