advancing

dcd

advancing

Post by dcd »

hi Ive just completed my engine build 2276cc i have 1410 cyl head from cb performance 42x37.5 valves cnc ported and camshaft is web 86a CR set @ 8.5 .dist is MSD 6al digital ive locked it to set the timing curve with mega squirt 2 but my question is where should i stop advancing i know that 009 dist. set at maximum to 32 degrees . be appreciate any advice ...
Piledriver

Re: advancing

Post by Piledriver »

Make sure you are running the MS2-extra current firmware, still being developed and 5x the features of the B&G code. AFAIK no one here runs the B&G code for years, so we could not help with specific advice if you use it.

It also allows for jumperless firmware flashing once installed.

For speed density:
at 100 KPA line, start advancing ~1500 RPM from 10-12 btdc baseline to 32@3K, then no more or perhaps to 34@7K (need to play with this, some engines like less timing at very high RPM)

bottom line of table, copy/past top line in and add 15-20 degrees. Scale top to bottom in 3 sections

Something like this:
MS2-advancetable.png

Idle: Use the idle timing and idle VE features, as well as cold idle timing adder.
Don't use the main table to stabilize the idle area, that's not what it's for.

Have never set up alpha-n (TPS vs RPM)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.