boost sensitive ignition sistem

danyyo

boost sensitive ignition sistem

Post by danyyo »

Hi! Do you guys know is there any posibiliti to build ignition sistem that will retard timing under boost,from stock car parts?
Clonebug

Re: boost sensitive ignition sistem

Post by Clonebug »

danyyo wrote:Hi! Do you guys know is there any posibiliti to build ignition sistem that will retard timing under boost,from stock car parts?
Not from stock parts but using the stock distributor you can add a CB Performance Black Box and get boost timing control.

Probably the most cost effective way to go without going to a MS unit or equivalent.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

You can actually get boost retard with a dual vac can distributor, using only the vacuum side (leave the retard side open)
Does not provide the level of control any programmable setup has, or any datalogging of course, I assume the Black box provides that, and a MSExtra setups make for a wonderful datalogger and even supply data for a dashboard.

Does the CB Bl;ack Box have extra inputs to log WBO2 etc?
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
danyyo

Post by danyyo »

I dont need any dataloging, since I going with dual webers,instead of injection system
madmike

Post by madmike »

If the 'stock car' has an MSD 6BTM it will :lol: just kidding :wink:
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

danyyo wrote:I dont need any dataloging, since I going with dual webers,instead of injection system
So you aren't interested in recording what your AFR and timing is at various RPM and loads?
I guess if you haven''t used it, its not obvious how useful it is for keeping your engine in one piece...

14point7.com sells several WBO2 units with very extensive datalogging capabilities, no EFI required.
A MS2E setup would be worth having on a race car as a datalogger even if you had to run carbs and a distributor.
Stand alone dataloggers with similar capabilities can cost a lot more.

The programmable ignition and EBC capabilities are "free" if you squint really hard and look at it as only a very capable datalogger. :twisted:
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
danyyo

Post by danyyo »

Only reason why I want to go to electronic, are points, because thy sell as sh.t, (bosh made in india).Phenolic block wears down in only few thousands kilometers,and thats why I think it is not realible system especialy in turbo aplication.