Bocar 34 PICT-3 Hecho en Mexico Vaccum port question

MexBug

Bocar 34 PICT-3 Hecho en Mexico Vaccum port question

Post by MexBug »

Hi!

I bought and had installed a brand new Hecho en Mexico Bocar 34 PICT-3 in my beetle. Car runs fine. But, I wonder what the ports on the sides are and if they should be blocked off? My mechanic did not block them.

Previous owner tossed all gas recirculation system and ignition is Mexican electronic, so I dont use any of the vac. ports.

Attaching a photo of what ports I mean.

Thanks for your help!

Marc

Re: Bocar 34 PICT-3 Hecho en Mexico Vaccum port question

Post by Marc »

Any uncapped vacuum port is going to suck air and disrupt your metering (mostly at idle)...once you cap them you may find the mixture to be rich.
MexBug

Post by MexBug »

I asked the mechanic today.

He said these ports come blocked from factory. You can open them if you need them for some automatic airpressure sensor something... But all those things have ben tossed on my beetle. Mexican style - easier to remove things not super necessary than repair it... :evil:
Slow 1200

Post by Slow 1200 »

the second port (the one by the bowl) does look like it could be part of an altitude corrector main jet, that would be really handy in some parts of Mexico I guess!
MexBug

Post by MexBug »

Slow 1200 wrote:the second port (the one by the bowl) does look like it could be part of an altitude corrector main jet, that would be really handy in some parts of Mexico I guess!
You're absolutely correct. That's what my mechanic said. But all is gone in my car. :( Would've been perfect since we travel alot in it.