How do you spell KADRON

david58

How do you spell KADRON

Post by david58 »

I have a 2005 Yamaha V Star 1100 it originally came with dual carbs. After trying to rejet the carbs due to it popping out the exhaust on deceleration and spending 150 bucks on jets, then breaking the prongs of the slide that hold the needle jet. I decided to get crazy. So I made a intake for a 2 barrel Zenith I had. That was a big mistake. I couldn't find any jets to fit it. So after some brain work I decided to make a intake for a Kadron. I overcame all the problems I ran into, like the TPS turned the opposite direction, so I rewired it. The float bowl had a pin hole in it. So I got another on. Jetting was fun. Since it was a 1100 cc engine I started with the jetting for a 2200cc VW, since I was only using one carb. 140 main 50 idle and I forget the size of the venturi. I went up to a 160 main and a 60 idle jet and the bike it sweet now.

Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
helowrench

Re: How do you spell KADRON

Post by helowrench »

Thats awesome.
I have a saying around my house.......
"Nothing is truly fixed until volkswagen parts are on it"
My old Suburban
My sons Volvo
My riding mower.
Filter Pump motor for my pool.
Treadmill.
the list goes on.
I have actually been considering a carb replacement for my riding mower. Rebuild kit for the mower carb is like $60 for everything, just have to overcome my laziness.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

vw experience never leaves you. Many of us learned our mechanics on the original cars. Helo is right on. Got to get something dub on most everything.

Nice build, david!! 8)

doc
Devastator

Post by Devastator »

Years ago we adapted a 6V VW generator to our Ford 9N tractor because we had a few lying around after converting to 12V. Sold the ford that way too. :D
Neat retrofit!
Devastator's Build Thread

Sandrail

2.4 liter, supercharged Chevy Ecotec

"If everything seems under control, you're just not
going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
david58

Post by david58 »

What amazes me is that the bike stock has a advertised rating of 45 MPG. Before the last jet swap it was dead on 33 MPG every time I checked it, but now I am at 43 MPG. Close enough for a monkey with a football headed for the goal line. The point here I am making is that the idle jet does a lot more than just work at idle. If you have a hesitation in a Kad try a bigger idle jet.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.