Fuel pump and regulator for dual Weber 44s

eericson

Fuel pump and regulator for dual Weber 44s

Post by eericson »

Hello, all.

I'm putting together a Spyder kit & have a Jake Raby-built 1914 type 1 for it. It's rated at 120 horses and comes with two Weber 44s, just gone through by Carey Hines at Beck/Special Edition. Carey says he puts Weber "Redline" fuel pumps and pressure regulators in his build. I checked on line and there are a few choices under that brand name.

I believe I'm looking at PN 99009.131 for the pump and 31800.050 for the regulator.

Does anyone here run that combo?

Anyone have a different opinion or experience?

Thanks, all.
66brm

Re: Fuel pump and regulator for dual Weber 44s

Post by 66brm »

I run a self regulating Carter rotary pump available through cb performance, no need for a regulator, and will supply more than enough fuel for your 1915cc
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

My favorite minimalist quiet self regulating pump is the stock mechanical one. It works fine at that power level.

Never used the redline parts cited, I suspect they are good based on the other parts they offer. When I went type-4, I was forced to use the carter (that most sell as their own like CB or in my case JR's type-4 store), it is decent. No regulator, never felt the need. I did have one fail after ~10 years but I think that is expected side effect of modern pump fuel.

What I like about an electric pump is that you can pump the tank (engine off) or shut it off to drain the bowels (engine on). Other than the more complicated (I used the Ford OEM impact switch with zero complaints), stock is better.
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.
eericson

Post by eericson »

Thanks, gents.
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

I run stock stock mechanical fuel pumps and no regulators on both Weber 44's and HPMX 44's with no problem...

IF you are determined to go electric this would be my choice, have used it, works fine with Webers and is self regulated...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crt-p60504/overview/

IF you go electric I would recommend using electronic controller with any electric pump .... Again my choice would be...

http://revolutionelectronics.com/Fuel_Pump.html

Dale
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"