CB Performance Quick Tune EFI System

Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

68turbofastback, Howes the new Install coming along?
68turbofastback

Post by 68turbofastback »

I should be starting it next week. I hope
68turbofastback

it runs
dunegoon

Post by dunegoon »

I am interested in a progress report. I am looking at this system for my 2.8 liter type 4 sandrail motor.
volkaholic1

Post by volkaholic1 »

I'm very close, my set up is a 2.0 type IV in my 68 bug. I went with the fuel & ignition setup, using a complete MSD setup. I am having real bad electrical interference problems. It will not hold timing. +/- 50 degrees. So I am having the start up blues,,, I talked with Pat at CB. I am temporarily going to switch the MSD back to convential mechanical advance & see if I can get this thing going. The fuel part of the system seems OK. Hopefull this week I will get a chance to work on it.
Frallan

Post by Frallan »

Any news from anyone?
I have just bought a set but it will not run until christamas or maybe spring.
So I am quite curious about others experience.
volkaholic1

Post by volkaholic1 »

I finally drove it today. I've had all kinds or problems with the MSD ignition, interference, then I hooked up the ignition modual wires wrong and cooked to rotors before I figured it out, changed out springs, changed out max timing. Finally got something reasonable. My issue now is that the CB kit does not go into closed loop until the temp sensor reached 150F & I can not get it over 138, so I am running rich, like 10:1. I drove like 35 highway miles & it still does not see it warmed up yet, seems odd. Also, I have to do my driving at night, with bright sun, my laptop washes out the screen & I can't see it.
miniman82

Post by miniman82 »

If you want a cheese dick way to tune around your temp sender issue, you could always connect a potentiometer in place of the sender. When the engine is warm, just twist the pot till you read above warmup temp, and be on your merry way. :)

Or change the sender's position to a warmer spot on the engine...
M3D

Post by M3D »

We have sat back and looked at the post on this site cal look and the samba on the CB set up and there are some problems with it right now .Or is it the install that is off :shock: We have had guys that would like to have the CB set up but i will sit back and see what come's out the bag on this one before i get in to it .I hope that they get it right soon the price looks good for what you get if it all works.
But what do we know
www.emeraldperformance.com
Frallan

Post by Frallan »

What problems? Can you be more specific?
raygreenwood

Post by raygreenwood »

Miniman 82...using a potentiometer in place of air temp sensors and CHT is one of the very best ways to tune dynamic parts like MAP, AFM and MPS. I have been using that for some time. Itworks great. In this manner you can isolate what each change brings you. Ray
miniman82

Post by miniman82 »

raygreenwood wrote:Miniman82...using a potentiometer in place of air temp sensors and CHT is one of the very best ways to tune dynamic parts like MAP, AFM and MPS. I have been using that for some time. Itworks great. In this manner you can isolate what each change brings you. Ray

Right. I guess I was thinking more of the way it's done on shadetree setups- sometimes that part of it can be quite cheesy! But you're right, a nice stable reading in one area can make it really easy to find issues in another area (like temp readings throwing off fueling).
68turbofastback

finally drove it today. I've had all kinds or problems with the MSD ignition, interference, then I hooked up the ignition modual wires wrong and cooked to rotors before I figured it out, changed out springs, changed out max timing. Finally got something reasonable. My issue now is that the CB kit does not go into closed loop until the temp sensor reached 150F & I can not get it over 138, so I am running rich, like 10:1. I drove like 35 highway miles & it still does not see it warmed up yet, seems odd. Also, I have to do my driving at night, with bright sun, my laptop washes out the screen & I can't see it.
volkaholic1

Post by volkaholic1 »

I have it in the spot they recommend. I got Pat at CB to modify the program for me to make it autotune at 120 instead of 150. I finally got it going & it is now running in closed loop & correcting. It was running very rich, I think that was at least part of the problem with the engine not heating up, all the excess fuel. Now if it would only stop raining, I could drive it more!
Wirenuts1

Re: CB Performance Quick Tune EFI System

Post by Wirenuts1 »

SOOOO, how did it turn out for you. Did you get all the bugs worked out?