mexi efi

Chip Birks

Re: mexi efi

Post by Chip Birks »

As long as they aren't pencil style. They need to have the stepped bodies similar to what they came with. I ran 55lb/hr injectors with mine. Just gotta use the stock seals that come with the manifolds. As long as your injector has 14mm seals at the top, the mexi rails work great. The downside with them is the need to use rubber hose, since they are barbed.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

kangaboy wrote:Will the Mexi end castings accept modern sized injectors with out modification? And as far as fuel rails, would the best option be to get some from Mario?
1) Yes, with a simple adapter, which Mario likely has and certainly can get.
2) Probably, depends on exactly what injectors etc you use.

Ah ^^^ what Chip said.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

I machined 14mm injector bungs (ID) with OD the same as the mexi castings. Dropped those in place, then TIG welded in. This allows much more porting of the sharp turn inside the bend. I welded up the flange and the short side radius to allow more porting room. I also built billet fuel rails out of extrusion that bolt down to the castings. I've never ran this stuff and should probably sell it off.
kangaboy

Post by kangaboy »

So should I start scoping out the type 1 classifieds? My local VW shop said he would let
Me have a pair of mexi end castings for $30, and I'm sure they came with fuel rails. This is my plan of action right now...unless something else pops up.
Humpty

Post by Humpty »

Reacting a sleeping thread.... Any updates Kangaboy?
I'm about to install a complete Mexi setup I bought off Mario a few years back....
It's taken me forever to get around to this project... My drag car and hotrod have kept me away from my Bus... But it's all go now.

Putting the intake on the engine right now.... It's just a lowly 1678 with stock everything and HD single valve springs. The plan is to boost it with a T25 Garrett (Nissan EXA) or a TD04 I pulled from a low km auto Subi Forester. Will intercool it later.

Have you made any progress?
kangaboy

Post by kangaboy »

Humpty wrote:Reacting a sleeping thread.... Any updates Kangaboy?
Have you made any progress?
It's been super quiet around here for me, but things are about to come alive again. I have gathered most of the parts I need to get started, but didnt have anyt space living at the in-laws. Just bought a new house though, and we are hoping to move in this weekend. So then I'll finally have the room I need.
I was looking for the mexi set up for some time, but nothing came up for a few weeks, so I put out a want add for one, and I ended up with someones NLA, CB Endcastings. Im going to go with a custom manifold as well.
That is really the only update I can give right now. While my project is far from dead, I have just been waiting for the space to get cracking on it again. I'll be updating my MegaSquirt thread again soon, when I have a chance to get back to tinkering.
sputnick60

Post by sputnick60 »

A dormant topic, true but I'm hoping to kick this along a bit for my new project.
I'm interested in building up a Mexican EFI engine to go into my Ghia. I already have acquired a Genuine VW Mexico Kit having all the engine tin, shrouds and loom with multi pin connector. As part of the kit comes the generator, generator stand, fuel rails, throttle body, injectors, sensors, twin port intake manifold, etc. Just about everything is there except the motor, the ECU and the loom from the multipoint connector on the fan shroud that goes to the car.

I can source an engine without much trouble but I need find a loom with the matching connectors for the Engine to car loom and the ECU along with the ECU itself.

I would appreciate any information that can lead to finding the missing bits of this recipe.

Thanks
Nicholas
kangaboy

Post by kangaboy »

I would say the best bet is looking at thesamba classifieds. You can usually find anything you need there, especially if its stock.
'74 Standard- 2084T, MS3X3
'76 Westy- Stock 2.0L L-Jet
My Megasquirt Turbo Build
2084 Turbo Build
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

kangaboy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:15 pm I would say the best bet is looking at thesamba classifieds. You can usually find anything you need there, especially if its stock.
Most people go with a Megasquirt ECU or similar instead of the stock one. It would probably be cheaper in the long run since you can tune it to whatever you want.
It is also able to handle any size engine you want to install if you ever upgrade....including turbo as long as you have a large enough injector.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.