Fuel pressure regulator?

falcor

Re: Fuel pressure regulator?

Post by falcor »

I've got a Volvo K-jet pump, it looks like a 044 but doesnt have the same high flow capacity.
I hooked the pump up on a spare battery and then tried adjusting the vacuum port bolt in and out but the needle stayed at
4 bar the whole time. I'll try removing the return line tomorrow to see if thats somehow the problem....
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I ran likely the same pump borrowed from my Cabriolet (-943?)for a while until I picked up the 044, it isn't too far off a 044 flow wise. and will make the ~same dead head pressure, and is also rated for flow at 6 bar.
(I put original back in the rabbit)

I use a djet regulator with a drilled out adjuster screw with the 044... no problem regulating pressure.

It had been acquired at a pick and pull ages ago and then rattled around in the bottom of my toolbox for years.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
falcor

Post by falcor »

I put the pressure gauge after the FPR and wtf! I had 4 bar there aswell! I then disconnected the far end of the hose after the FPR and ran that into my empty fuel can and measured before the FPR again, result 2,5 bar. With the adjustment screw fully in I managed to get 2,8 bar. My suspicion is that I have a kink on the last return hose into the tank.
falcor

Post by falcor »

Kink found. Pressure levels restored.
With the adjustment screw fully in I get 2.8 bars in the fuel rails and 0 bars in the return line after the FPR.

:mrgreen:
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Result!
Is the IN at the bottom and OUT at the side or other way around?
falcor

Post by falcor »

In on the side and out the bottom. :D
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Cool thanks! And vac at the top yah?

Makes my plumbing easier that way too!