ID1000 injector part number

sidemarkers

ID1000 injector part number

Post by sidemarkers »

Looking to try out the id1000s on my daily driver. The car has CB injection endcastings. These injectors aren't inexpensive so I need to make sure I order the correct ones...does anyone have a link? :D
mrblyoung

Re: ID1000 injector part number

Post by mrblyoung »

Bringing this post back from the dead since I see it was never answered and would like to know the same information.

Does anyone know which model number ID1000 fits the CB intakes?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated from those who are currently running those injectors in their VW. Thanks!
Wally

Post by Wally »

I run ID1000's, but I dunno if these would fit a CB end casting as I don't use those..

IIRC, the injectors themselves don;t have a ID part number as Injector Dynamics injectors don't have any (they use Bosch I think and modify them, so original numbers are removed afaik).
Plus you need to know if your computer is designed for high impedence or low resistance injectors.
Its not that simple therefore. You really need to know what you need yourself (length injector, impedance) and then you will probably need to change your electrical connector as these are 98% sure different then what you have now...

So best is to inform yourself what it is that you exactly need and then contact ID. They are very helpfull as I can remember.
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
mrblyoung

Post by mrblyoung »

Wally wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:32 am I run ID1000's, but I dunno if these would fit a CB end casting as I don't use those..

IIRC, the injectors themselves don;t have a ID part number as Injector Dynamics injectors don't have any (they use Bosch I think and modify them, so original numbers are removed afaik).
Plus you need to know if your computer is designed for high impedence or low resistance injectors.
Its not that simple therefore. You really need to know what you need yourself (length injector, impedance) and then you will probably need to change your electrical connector as these are 98% sure different then what you have now...

So best is to inform yourself what it is that you exactly need and then contact ID. They are very helpfull as I can remember.
Hey Wally,
Thanks for the response.

I use a Bosch type injector currently and they fit all CB Manifolds. It has a height of 2.88 inches. High impedence injectors also. Using megasquirt in my car currently, so that's not a problem. You are correct on the plugs for the ID1000's being different, but when the time comes to put the motor in that I am thinking will need the ID1000's, the car will be getting some wiring revisions anyways, so a different connector is not an issue. And if not mistaken, you can buy the pigtails from ID, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

I'd recommend emailing injector dynamics. My bet is that you need 60mm long, and 14mm o-rings top and bottom. If you can go 48mm or even 35mm long you'll probably be even better off. No adaptor extender thingy to worry about leaking and burning your car to the ground.
mrblyoung

Post by mrblyoung »

Chip Birks wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:42 pm I'd recommend emailing injector dynamics. My bet is that you need 60mm long, and 14mm o-rings top and bottom. If you can go 48mm or even 35mm long you'll probably be even better off. No adaptor extender thingy to worry about leaking and burning your car to the ground.
You nailed it Chip.
14mm o-rings top and bottom and the injectors I am currently using measure in at 57.6mm from seat to seat.

I don't think it would be an issue if it were shorter, you would just have to fab up your own fuel rail tie downs.