CB performance FI

TomJoy

CB performance FI

Post by TomJoy »

I have added CB performance FI to my bug. I am very happy. Marck at CB has been very helpfull, but he has never asked my question on how to use the "learn function" I know how to turn it on, but do I need to do anything to save what it has learned.

Tom
Jadewombat

Re: CB performance FI

Post by Jadewombat »

I don't know much about those systems, but my guess is since no two v-dub engines are quite exactly alike the learn function on that system collects a lot of data as the car is idling and driving and adjusts the fuel and ignition maps to what works best for your engine (MAP, VE settings, barometric pressure, etc.).

You could just leave it one, I doubt it would hurt anything, but once you've driven around town and on the highway quite a few times on different days the system in not going to need to tweak anything after a while.
TomJoy

Post by TomJoy »

I am trying see if the system automatically saves, or do I have to do something to save it.

Thanks
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Which FI version are you using????

Gen 3, Gen 4?????
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
TomJoy

Post by TomJoy »

Gen 3
Jadewombat

Post by Jadewombat »

Not having had played with one of these systems--the question is does the engine smooth out as you idle, accelerate, and cruise, etc. more and more from:

1. You changing the fuel, VE, etc. MAPs from suggested changes?
2. Or the learn function smoothing things out?

If the answer is 2., then no, you shouldn't have to save anything.

Page 8:

http://cbperformance.net/pdf/QTEFISoftwareSetup.pdf