Center mount single throttle body or progressive

risk

Center mount single throttle body or progressive

Post by risk »

Helping a friend of mine that is wanting to do a center mount throttle body with EFI on a 1915 in a 56 bug. He is more concerned with the ability to cruise anywhere and have reliability than having more power and speed. So mild heads and cam, and a muffled exhaust etc.

probably going to use megasquirt and a 36-1 crank trigger/coil packs for spark.

Searching I have found some threads on this but all the pictures are broken links (stupid photobucket).

Can anyone post some pics and info on their center mount throttle body setups?

Here are a few of the options we were thinking about.

The mexi stock efi system

center mounted progressive throttle body off a water cooled VW and CB end castings

center mounted weber idf style throttle body and CB end castings

What do you guys think? Remember, not looking for max horsepower dragster but a good driver with decent torque down low.
66brm

Re: Center mount single throttle body or progressive

Post by 66brm »

If he's not going to be going for every hp I would talk to Mario about his mexi kits and crank trigger
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

risk wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:26 am Helping a friend of mine that is wanting to do a center mount throttle body with EFI on a 1915 in a 56 bug. He is more concerned with the ability to cruise anywhere and have reliability than having more power and speed. So mild heads and cam, and a muffled exhaust etc.

probably going to use megasquirt and a 36-1 crank trigger/coil packs for spark.

Searching I have found some threads on this but all the pictures are broken links (stupid photobucket).

Can anyone post some pics and info on their center mount throttle body setups?

Here are a few of the options we were thinking about.

The mexi stock efi system

center mounted progressive throttle body off a water cooled VW and CB end castings

center mounted weber idf style throttle body and CB end castings

What do you guys think? Remember, not looking for max horsepower dragster but a good driver with decent torque down low.
Photocrap fix...

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 7&t=150157

Dale
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"
risk

Post by risk »

Damn I am still browsing with internet explorer like a caveman..

Installed chrome, installed hotlink fix. I can see the pics now! Awesome, thanks dale!
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

risk wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:29 am Damn I am still browsing with internet explorer like a caveman..

Installed chrome, installed hotlink fix. I can see the pics now! Awesome, thanks dale!
Internet Explorer was never a viable browser.... It was "built " on Microsoft's version on what the they wanted the world to be , it has taken them 25 years to realize their concept does not work and came out with new Edge browser, had it on like for about a hour....NOPE, back to CHROME....

Microsoft is not your friend....

Dale
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"
risk

Post by risk »

So based on what I have read, with a single center mount throttle body NA, individual runners will give the best throttle response?