Wanting to know if anyone is using CB Gen 4

Compositecrafters

Wanting to know if anyone is using CB Gen 4

Post by Compositecrafters »

Ok so I’m looking for anyone with real hands on experience with CB’s Gen 4 EFI. I am a new owner and the more research I do I’m having mixed feelings.
I hear it’s a great system but nobody knows how to get it going without help from 1 of the 2 techs at CB.
While my experience is positive with CB there still remains NO instruction manual or video to operate there software.
But Megasquirt seems to have a very large following and a lot of real instructions.
My disconnect seems to be for the price paid, I can’t believe there is no videos, manual, forums, it’s like buying a $3000 computer but not being able to use it.
Is this just something that’s common place now?
Buy it and we will get back to you.
Chip Birks

Re: Wanting to know if anyone is using CB Gen 4

Post by Chip Birks »

This is why it makes me laugh when people blast us MSers for jumping in and commenting on every efi post. There are reasons we go MS, and cheap is only one of them. The support base, and user friendly software are great. I just purchased their top shelf system yesterday for my bug. Super excited to get it installed and start tinkering.
Its pretty disappointing to hear that there is no written instruction for the gen 4. It sounds like some pretty awesome hardware, with lots of potential. I hope they get their act together and get some documentation together. Its hard when your dealing with a small niche market like CB does.
Steve Arndt

Re: Wanting to know if anyone is using CB Gen 4

Post by Steve Arndt »

Have you contacted Mark Lawless at CB Performance and asked him for a PDF instruction manual? I know they have manuals for their other systems.