MS3v3 System for CNP and EFI/Turbo- "Upgrading Clutch"

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.

Moderator: seabeebuggy

kangaboy

Re: MS3v3 System for CNP and EFI/Turbo- "E85 and Bigger Injectors"

Post by kangaboy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:07 pm

Welp, got the new fuel lines buttoned up tonight, turned on the fuel pump a few times and didn't get any leaks. So far so good. Getting all the piping put back together tomorrow and gonna take the new injectors for a test run. Still hoping and praying for no leaks
'74 Standard- 1776T, MS3X3
'76 Westy- Stock 2.0L L-Jet
My Megasquirt Turbo Build

kangaboy

Post by kangaboy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:15 pm

Got to take a test drive finally. Updated the injectors to 820 in TS, and then fired it up. Seemed to start and idle fine, then I took it up the road and it went hella lean. Could barely get home. I upped all Fuel VE cells by 25, then it seemed to work well enough to get the engine warmed up so I could autotune. I found a nice little 1 mile stretch of outer road that is rarely used and got a few hot laps in. By about the 6th or 7th go, we finally had a decent fuel map. Still have it at 8psi, but I really wanna see what it can do with the new injectors. I got the base map done and then had to head home to change all the cells to allow a higher KPA. Little concerned that the car felt a bit more sluggish, and took a few more seconds to get into boost, and I had no clue what was causing that. I floored it one more time on the way home and saw my TPS sensor only get up to 73%, so clearly I didn't get my throttle cable attached correctly. Should be an easy fix in the morning.
Got home and checked the fuel lines and all is still well :D
Super happy about that. The new hard lines look cool, and I'm really stoked I was able to add that aspect of safety to my engine bay.
Currently I'm trying to adjust all the table rows in Fuel and Timing to give some more boost areas. I also updated the boost map a little to operate the boost solenoid that I put in. Going to do some more testing tomorrow to find out what number to use on the boost map to get me to 20lbs.

kangaboy

Post by kangaboy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:46 pm

Looks like I got to my end of summer goal a little early. Went out to do some tuning and mess with the boost control and wound it up to 20psi while I was at it. Boy that was fun :twisted:
It pulls well, gets up to 80 pretty quick, and all the logs look pretty good. Only got up to about 50% duty on the injectors, so that upgrade was way worth it. Fuel rails are still in place and leak free, which makes that upgrade well worth the time as well.
I did notice at one point when I was doing a pull in third, the clutch started to slip a bit just before the shift to 4th. That's good in the fact that the motor is putting out some power...bad in the fact that I will have to deal with it, as I know so many of you have had to in the past.
Time to just keep putting the miles on it I guess. Next upgrade is likely to be a rebuild of the front beam. I have new ball joints and tie rod ends, and also the beam adjusters to get my fender gaps a little smaller in the front. :D

kangaboy

Post by kangaboy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Went out and did some more driving today. Clutch slip is very noticeable at the end of third...*sigh*