Megasquirt III is here!

Passatman

Re: Megasquirt III is here!

Post by Passatman »

Ron the second photo shows coil near plug arrangement, are these coils the IGN coils diyautotune sells.
fastback

Post by fastback »

so how are the MSIII version compare to MSII when it comes to spare inputs?
are there a spare connector for all the extra inputs/outputs??
without, removing D12,jumper from pin40 via transistorhex etc etc.. :)
how many phsyical inputs are there that can handle 0-5v??

Backpressure
EGT
Fuelpressure
+1 or 2 spare ports.

in addition to the stock engine sensors i'm looking for more inputs to do logging.
i have 3 MSII on differnent engines,happy with them , but have started to look at other alternatives due to lack of easily accesible inputs
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

fastback wrote:so how are the MSIII version compare to MSII when it comes to spare inputs?
are there a spare connector for all the extra inputs/outputs??
without, removing D12,jumper from pin40 via transistorhex etc etc.. :)
how many phsyical inputs are there that can handle 0-5v??

Backpressure
EGT
Fuelpressure
+1 or 2 spare ports.

in addition to the stock engine sensors i'm looking for more inputs to do logging.
i have 3 MSII on differnent engines,happy with them , but have started to look at other alternatives due to lack of easily accesible inputs
Two words:
IO extender.
http://forum.jbperf.com/viewforum.php?f ... 5b2172b1ab

Will work w/MS2 or III.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

MS3 by itself doesn't have many more than MS2, but add in the MS3X card, and you get a ton more stuff, built in and ready to go. http://msextra.com/doc/ms3/hardware.html#pins Check out this table of inputs and outputs. Its crazy! There is so much potential with the MS3/MS3X combo board. I'll never fill it. I am going to be running 2 fans, 3 step launch control, boost control, idle control, Pre intercooler temp(additional), intercooler water temp(additional), flex fuel, coil on plug, and a Hall cam sensor, for full sequential fuel and spark. And there will still be inputs left over I'm pretty sure, and plenty of outputs. The major benefit of the MS3x board is that most of those new circuits won't need to be constructed. Flex, boost, 3rd step launch, additional temp sensors, idle, and cam are already ready to rock, not to mention 8 logic level ignition outputs, and 8 injector drivers.
fastback

Post by fastback »

cool. ! after a quick browse it seems this will do :)
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Cool! Now it's just a matter of trying to actually get the stuff. Sells out dang fast.
panel

Post by panel »

Chip Birks wrote: I am going to be running 2 fans, 3 step launch control, boost control, idle control, Pre intercooler temp(additional), intercooler water temp(additional), flex fuel, coil on plug, and a Hall cam sensor, for full sequential fuel and spark.
Holy cow :!:
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Oh and did I mention that when I talk to the car while driving, it talks back :lol:
so67vw

Post by so67vw »

Chip Birks wrote:Oh and did I mention that when I talk to the car while driving, it talks back :lol:
That's called backfire...... I don't know if I wanna know what my car has to say.....

Other than that, "Kewl"...
RonW

Post by RonW »

Passatman wrote:Ron the second photo shows coil near plug arrangement, are these coils the IGN coils diyautotune sells.
these are stock GM LS2 coils. there are logic level or "smart coils" so you dont need high current drives and the MS3 + MS3x can drive 8 of them easily.

diy does not sell them to my knowledge but can be had for about $200 for a set of 8 on ebay new. if i cant get just 4, mario and i are gonna split a set. these is a fair bit of info out there on pin out and set up for these coils so thats a definite bonus
Passatman

Post by Passatman »

Hey Ron,

Found this on a site this morning. Are you going to run what is called the LS2 truck coil.

This is info from www.megasquirt.info that i found not long ago,,

:the LS2 coil (GM# 12573190, AC Delco D514-A) from the 2005-2006 Corvette (& GTO and Avalanche), and
the GM coil used on 2002-2005 Cadillac Escalade, 2000-2006 Yukon, 1999-2006 Chevy Silverado, 2001-2005 Trail Blazer, and some Hummers, etc.. The model is GM# 10457730 or AC Delco D585 (also Wells C1251, Standard UF262, GM/Daewoo 190005218). The LS2/truck coil has a visible external aluminum heat sink near the connector.
These LS2 coils are incredible. Even compared to the LS1 coil, these are just crushers! On the LS1 coil there is around 40 milliamps of peak secondary current with 5 milliseconds of dwell time. On the LS2/truck coil (AC Delco D585), there is 120 milliamps!

We will call the second coil type the LS2/truck coil. These two types of coil have the same connector and pin-out, but the physical mounting pattern is different. The coil connector (GM# 12580353) can be found as: