Megasquirt Photo Album

DeathBySnuSnu

Re: Megasquirt Photo Album

Post by DeathBySnuSnu »

As all my older pic links and threads are dead, along with all the help piledriver and others gave me.....

Here is a pic of my megasquirt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
petew

Post by petew »

Just come across this thread. Great stuff. Very impressive. Here's my humble install...
IMG20170909133315.jpg
WP_20150808_002.jpg

DP1600 with a tiny IHI turbo and intercooler
Microsquirt with MS2
Wasted spark
DIYEFi 36-1 toothed wheel
GM Daewoo sensor on custom bracket
Hyundai Excel TB and IAC motor
GM (Holden) injectors on CB manifold ends/rails
Sard Pressure reg
Bosch 070 fuel pump
VW golf 4 tower coil pack
GM MAP and IAT sensors
Mario's headtemp sensor
LC2 Wideband

I've been building/playing with the project for the last 2 years or so. I'm simply blown away by MS. I can't believe people are throwing silly money at Haltech and similar when MS does HEAPS more (without endless modules) at half the price. Auto-tune is also just fantastic. Can't speak highly enough of the system. :D

Having said all that, my car is eating wideband sensors and I don't really know why. Hmm? :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
widefivebug

Post by widefivebug »

Lets try this one more time. I never could have done this without the help of Mario and the 14 million phone calls. I can't believe he doesn't have me on ignore by now. Specs on the motor are:

10:1 compression
CB Super Race Crank
044, 42x37.5 Ported Heads
CB offset EFI Port Matched Manifolds
Engle FK 45 Cam
Scat 1.4 Rockers
25mm Ultra Light Lifters
Straight Cut Gears
A-1 Sidewinder 1-5/8 Exhaust
Berg 3.5 Qt Deep Sump
VW Speedshop 42mm Throttle Bodies
Crank Trigger
MS2 V3 Megasquirt
LS2 Dual Coil Sets
Rancho Pro Street Trans
Last edited by widefivebug on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Cool, but the links don't work, not shared to the world?

Uploading is trivial as long as the images are jpg or pngs, 800x600 and under 125kb.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

widefivebug wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:15 pm Lets try this one more time. I never could have done this without the help of Mario and the 14 million phone calls. I can't believe he doesn't have me on ignore by now. Specs on the motor are:

10:1 compression
CB Super Race Crank
044, 42x37.5 Ported Heads
CB offset EFI Port Matched Manifolds
Engle FK 45 Cam
Scat 1.4 Rockers
25mm Ultra Light Lifters
Straight Cut Gears
A-1 Sidewinder 1-5/8 Exhaust
Berg 3.5 Qt Deep Sump
VW Speedshop 42mm Throttle Bodies
Crank Trigger
MS2 V3 Megasquirt
LS2 Dual Coil Sets
Rancho Pro Street Trans
Beautiful job WideFive!!!!

It is begging for some turbo plumbing though...... 8) :lol: :wink:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
widefivebug

Post by widefivebug »

Thanks Clonebug, I appreciate the kind words. I've briefly talked with Mario about adding a turbo. Biggest draw back for me, is having to pull the heads and drop the compression. I'm hoping to get this up to him next week to tune.

Brian
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

widefivebug wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:23 pm Thanks Clonebug, I appreciate the kind words. I've briefly talked with Mario about adding a turbo. Biggest draw back for me, is having to pull the heads and drop the compression. I'm hoping to get this up to him next week to tune.

Brian
Are you somewhat local to Mario????

If so...I wouldn't mind seeing that up close.......I have a window of opportunity to go up to his shop the week between Christmas and New Year and plan on getting my ECU updated with some fan control goodness at that time.....
I'll probably just take the ECU /Relay Board in but if the weather was nice one day I would be up to taking my buggy......like we would have decent weather in that time........ :roll:
I have been known to buy lunch for Mario......... and one of his visitors got a free lunch out of the deal too..... just for being there....... :wink:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
widefivebug

Post by widefivebug »

Clonebug wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:31 pm
widefivebug wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:23 pm Thanks Clonebug, I appreciate the kind words. I've briefly talked with Mario about adding a turbo. Biggest draw back for me, is having to pull the heads and drop the compression. I'm hoping to get this up to him next week to tune.

Brian
Are you somewhat local to Mario????

If so...I wouldn't mind seeing that up close.......I have a window of opportunity to go up to his shop the week between Christmas and New Year and plan on getting my ECU updated with some fan control goodness at that time.....
I'll probably just take the ECU /Relay Board in but if the weather was nice one day I would be up to taking my buggy......like we would have decent weather in that time........ :roll:
I have been known to buy lunch for Mario......... and one of his visitors got a free lunch out of the deal too..... just for being there....... :wink:
I'm down in Longview. I have set up scheduling with him to have the car brought up to his shop early to mid January. It don't run good enough to drive there and it's got about 35 miles on the whole car since being built. Even if it ran good enough that is a bit farther than I care to go on it's maiden voyage. He has a friend that does transport so it will be going up there in a trailer. That's unfortunate because I would really enjoy meeting you. Keep me informed though as I may just take a drive up there anyhow to meet you guys all in person anyhow and check out Mario's shop. He could possibly, maybe, accidentally just happen to have some, you know, extra turbo stuff laying just laying around with nothing to put it on. I mean, it could happen.

Anyhow, I'm trying to get a lot of things done here, and with this car, before February 1st because I'm going in for surgery's, and will be laid up for for quite awhile.
Thorkhild

Post by Thorkhild »

Here is mine before TURBO !

Thorkhild

Post by Thorkhild »

After turbo install