Share yor AFR table.

Chip Birks

Re: Share yor AFR table.

Post by Chip Birks »

gtmdriver wrote:
panel wrote:Do you ever see 15 , 10 or 5 on your MAP table when you drive around or look through a log file ?
Frequently according to the hit table when using VEAL (I use the same scale on my VE table).

It spends a lot of time operating in that region.
Is that just off throttle decel type stuff?
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Fiatdude wrote:Piledriver -- Why would you run your timing up to 60+* on decal????
Artifact of smoothing, it would likely never see that corner of the map anyway, it would be in fuel cut.
If it wasn't in fuel cut, it would probably need that much timing to actually fire at what is effectively ~the top of Mount Everest.

I considered making the 30 KPA line all zeros.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
gtmdriver

Post by gtmdriver »

Chip Birks wrote:
gtmdriver wrote:
panel wrote:Do you ever see 15 , 10 or 5 on your MAP table when you drive around or look through a log file ?
Frequently according to the hit table when using VEAL (I use the same scale on my VE table).

The 5% probably is but the 10% and above are definitely driving regions.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I don't recall ever seeing less than ~30 KPA on hard decel at high RPM.

>15 KPA is a pretty hard vacuum, and effectively >30,000 feet... It won't fire anything there, should be hard into fuel cut below ~30 KPA, IIRC I cut fuel below 40 KPA with closed throttle.

I'm amazed at your ring seal, but in my case it's probably limited by my vacuum break/PCV setup, I use manifold vac to keep the case and 1L catch tank under slight vacuum under most conditions.
(the "catch tank" is actually at manifold vacuum via a 3/8" ID line, and is my MAP sample location)
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

gtmdriver wrote:
Chip Birks wrote:
gtmdriver wrote:

The 5% probably is but the 10% and above are definitely driving regions.
This isn't MAP based table is it? It's TPS%, as in Alpha N right? If that's the case, it all makes sense. Very light throttle cruise and such.
Last edited by Chip Birks on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Ah, the question/reply re: MAP table confusedcomobulated me.
Its a load "map" not MAP load. Perfectly clear. :lol:

MAP (capitalized) is the abbreviation for "manifold absolute pressure"
panel

Post by panel »

^ ah I see what you guys are talking about now , I thought his was a MAP table :oops:
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
RHough

Post by RHough »

I haven't found a description of how the VEAL logic works. I assume it looks at the value in the VE table and the AFR then compares it to the target in the AFR table?

Do the EGO settings figure into this at all?
My EGO settings:
ego1.JPG
Does this mean that if the AFR is more than 10% off EGO will only change it a maximum of 10% in the right direction? i.e. target = 15.0 maximum EGO range 13.5 to 16.5?

The settings for VEAL are:
veal1.JPG
If the table setting is off the AFR target VEAL will change the value up to 50 (50-150 on a base 100 value) or 50% (40-120 on a base 80 value)?

Does VEAL just calculate new values and not change what the engine is using until you click a button? "Apply" changes the table only but does not change the ECU but save on ECU burns the VEAL adjusted table in?

I hope these questions make sense...

:-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Its % of starting setting, and start your VEAL window above idle, you normally don't want it to tune idle, the lambda delay can be ~2 seconds, and it may chase its tail.

It optionally can change it in RAM or only update when you hit "write", burn writes it to flash, on a MS2 that causes a momentary hiccup, ms3 is hiccup-less.

Flash memory is only good for so many writes, and its built into your CPU so replacing it is expensive.
For the initial 20 minutes or so easy setting and frequent burns may be needed, but as tune gets closer, only burn when you have to. (just don't forget to burn and save as/save before shutting down or what it learned is lost)

You need to increase your EGO ignition events per step, 16 is very fast, start at 256 or higher.
I found simple mode to work best for me.