No Edis Timing

FlatFourHead

No Edis Timing

Post by FlatFourHead »

Hello,
I'm stuck in limp home mode, and I can not figure out why it wont give me timing.
I'm using MS2 with the Edis module, I have checked my wiring, everything is correct. I'm getting 10 degrees regardless of RPM.
1. I dont think the VR is wired backwards, the signal going to the megasquirt seems to be a correct PIP signal, as I have rpm in Tunerstudio.
2. Could it be the Edis module itself? Do they stay in LHM when the fail? I know they are supposed to be very durable and don't typically fail.
3. My megasquirt was built a long long time ago, (glensgarage) and I believe was originally set up for "High Current Direct Coil Driver" to control a regular points based distributor. Is there an internal hardware modification needed to properly run EDIS?
4. Do I simply have settings incorrect in Tunerstudio?
Rising Edge
Calculated
Edis
Going High

Trigger wheel teeth=0

Trying not to get frustrated.
Getting frustrated.
Thanks in advance.
miniman82

Re: No Edis Timing

Post by miniman82 »

If the EDIS board mods weren't done, that could be a reason why. You need to read through the MS2 EDIS documentation and look at your board to see if they were done, and install the necessary parts if not. You should be able to see the SAW signal going to the EDIS module with a scope, if it's not there 10* is all you'll get.
gtmdriver

Re: No Edis Timing

Post by gtmdriver »

Here's a section of the Megamanual.

To install EDIS with your MegaSquirt® controller, you connect:

V2.2 main board:
•the 5th hole of JP1 to the SAW pin (#3) on the EDIS module (which you can jumper to an unused DB37 pin, if you want),
•the PIP pin (#1 on the EDIS module) to DB37 pin #24,
•Make sure D8 (the 'John' Zener diode) is jumpered.
V3.0 main board: •DB37 pin #36 to the SAW pin (#3) on the ignition module
•DB37 pin #24 to the PIP pin (#1) on the ignition module
•On the V3.0 main board: ◦use the 'Hall sensor circuit' (step #50.a in the assembly guide) - jumper D1 and D2,
◦jumper OPTOIN to TACHSELECT on the bottom side of the PCB, near the DB37 connector, opposite the heat sink,
◦jumper TSEL to OPTOOUT on the bottom side of the PCB, near the center.

•jumper JS10 to IGN (this uses the processor port for the SAW signal directly),
•jumper XG1 to XG2 on the bottom side of the PCB, near the 40 pin socket,

If you are using the relay board with a v3 main board:
•the SAW signal connects to the S5 terminal (#11 on the 20 position terminal strip) on the relay board, it comes from DB37 pin 36 (make sure you have a wire connecting pin 36 to pin 36 in the MegaSquirt/relay board connecting cable),
•the PIP signal connects to the Tach terminal (#15 on the 20 position terminal strip) on the relay board, it goes to DB37 pin 24.