Rough running and lost sync issues

Jadewombat

Rough running and lost sync issues

Post by Jadewombat »

It surges and almost dies while it's warming up and the RPMs jump up and down. Not really sure what's going on with it. I attached a log, but have no idea what I'm looking at really. MS II 3.57 with Ford 36-1 wheel and VR sensor for RPMs input (still running on the 009 for spark though). Twisted wires running from the VR to the harness.

The difference in the two attached logs, one before I tried playing with Clonebug's noise settings:

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=148570&p=1233505&h ... c#p1233505

-I thought I did the VR conditioner settings correctly when I went to the 36-1 trigger wheel, I don't have an oscilloscope though--any other way to check it?
-The blank hole on the trigger wheel "may" be off a hair in the settings in the tune from where it is in reality vs. TDC. Will recheck it.
-VR sensor distance, from the trigger wheel. Will play with that a little more also

Other thoughts??? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gtmdriver

Re: Rough running and lost sync issues

Post by gtmdriver »

I had absolutely no VR signal at all on my initial install but reducing the air gap to 0.030" and adjusting both VR conditioning pots fully anti-clockwise gave me full synch lock instantly and it has never flickered since then.

I can't see an AFR reading in your logs. Are you running with a lambda sensor?
Jadewombat

Re: Rough running and lost sync issues

Post by Jadewombat »

Still no luck. Going to try backing the sensor out a little more. It's at 0.025" right now.

Yes, single wire lambda sensor.