MS-2 no fuel pump prime

Volky

MS-2 no fuel pump prime

Post by Volky »

Hi to all,

Yesterday I was using the ign. menu and left it on semi-seq by mistake and the car was stumbling, etc. I was thinking what's wrong then I went to the relay board and saw the FP connector melted #%^*.

After that, NADA. I went to TS and saw it at semi-seq so I changed it back knowing it won't start and it didn't start, no prime.

I revised the relay board for continuity on the connections and it checks out. I kept troubleshooting then noticed I had no 12v since it's connected to the gauges, so if no gauges I know the 12v is gone. Checked the fuse and blown. Changed it and blown.

I took the FP line off and put the DVM on continuity to ground and it beeped. So, I guess the cable melted somewhere in time. I put that same 12v line to 12 volts and you can here it pumping.

Been reading around the web about Q2 and Q19 on the board. I was thinking of flashing the MS to see if it works again. No burnt parts seen or smells.

I really don't want to buy another MS but if I have to I'll buy the MS-3.

What a costly error...so much for the weekend.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark, electronic boost controller, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, Water/Meth injection at 15psi.
Piledriver

Re: MS-2 no fuel pump prime

Post by Piledriver »

What mainboard?
Put it on your stim on the bench (you Do have a megastim or a Jimstim, right?) and you can check it out in seconds.
DIYautotune and other have very reasonable repair rates, most things are fixable, cheap.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Volky

Post by Volky »

Pile,

The board is V3.0.

I do have a Stim but is the normal one. I put it on and it just lit the PMP led.

TS sees the MS2 and when turning the knobs it responds. It also light up SYNCED. The Stim doesn't light anything. The PMP led turns off and if I turn RPM if flickers lightly.

With that Stim I don't get RPM's.
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark, electronic boost controller, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, Water/Meth injection at 15psi.
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

Send it to me Volky, I can get it fixed up for you.
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store