Sudden Change in Running

nogoodwithusernames

Sudden Change in Running

Post by nogoodwithusernames »

Hey everyone, been just driving a lately with a busy schedule not having time to do anything, but finally got some work done to my 1745 EFI setup these last two weekends. I've been running around with an exhaust leak tainting my AFR readings so I haven't done any tuning lately but it's been running pretty well with the exception of startup, and occasionally idle, sync losses.

I've been working on setting up my heater boxes/header to run flanges instead of the donut gaskets and finally got it welded up last weekend and installed this Friday. I also discovered that, by mis-aligning my crank sensor so that it's not directly lined up with the trigger wheel, it gets a much cleaner signal and I have no more sync losses.

However it is now running sluggishly with acceleration being slow and not super smooth like it used to be. I've done a bit of playing with the fuel table to get it back into acceptable fuel ratio running and that has helped a bit, and I've tweaked the spark map a bit but I couldn't tell any difference with that.

Has anyone experienced this before and know what caused the sudden change? It seems to me like if the tune ran well before even with an exhaust leak it should still run fine?
Thanks for any ideas!
nogoodwithusernames

Re: Sudden Change in Running

Post by nogoodwithusernames »

I'll tell ya why it changed, cause one of the fuses for my pairs of injectors got bumped loose. Running on two cylinders does make it run funny for sure! :lol: :oops:
Plugged that back in and we are golden again.