Injector clips

clintonddk

Injector clips

Post by clintonddk »

When I bought my injectorson and rails from CB I also bought the injector clips but for some reason I didn't install them . I didn't have a problem until one of the rail screws back out some. Well, now that I want to install them I can't find them and I'm wondering if these can be purchased at any local parts store?
Piledriver

Re: Injector clips

Post by Piledriver »

Google for "Fuel Injector Clip" ?

The big auto parts chains websites usually make you select a model/year if searching there, but Google site search works well to dig out things... like
Fuel Injector Clip site:oreillyauto.com
Oreillys is bad about forcing you to set a make and model before providing anything, but Google may reveal a part# to cross reference.

Not sure what injectors you have, there are a few flavors of clips.
Note the primary purpose of the clips is to firmly attach the injectors to the rails (as a unit) to keep things together as an assembly during shipping/handling and initial vehicle assembly, not to hold pressure etc, although they may work for that on some setups.

http://www.autozone.com/screws-pins-and ... 79658_0_0/
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

They are GM, I sourced a set from both CB & a random bricked sedan at a yard.

There is also aftermarket retainer depending on your rail (you don't state p/n) that is of a completely different design.
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.
gtmdriver

Post by gtmdriver »

Have a look on eBay.

Are these the sort of thing you are looking for?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-MG-Z ... SwD0lUibge