VR Sensor Question

bladerunner80

VR Sensor Question

Post by bladerunner80 »

Hi all, I'm ditching my EDIS setup in favor of direct control with a vw four coil tower. Quick question, after reading about the VR sensor wiring I'm kind of confused. From what it looks like in the Microsquirt manual (the current version), I wire the negative lead on the VR sensor to the VR+ on the microquirt cable and the positive lead on the VR sensor to the VR- on the mircrosquirt cable. Is this correct, or am I just over interpreting the picture from the manual? Wouldn't you wire the positive to the positive and the negative to the negative? Sorry if this is a stupid question....I just don't want to fry anything on my microsquirt.

Jadewombat

Re: VR Sensor Question

Post by Jadewombat »

You won't fry anything. All the sensor does is pick up a polarity signal of tooth and not-tooth. If you're not 100% sure about the polarity of VR+ and VR-, just wire them up with soft connects. If it doesn't pick up the signal, you just switch the two wires.
gtmdriver

Post by gtmdriver »

Not familiar with the Microsquirt but on the Megasquirt 2 the positive VR lead goes to the MS unit and the negative lead (and the screen if fitted) is earthed.
bladerunner80

Post by bladerunner80 »

Perfect, thanks for tips. The VR sensor is a three wire that I purchased from dub shop. I will wire it up and see how it goes.
jhoefer

Post by jhoefer »

I believe the Microsquirt uses a different conditioner circuit on the VR input compared to say an MS3 hence the needed difference in connecting the VR+ of the sensor to VR- of a Microsquirt as the picture shows.