Spark Plug Wires for VW Four Tower Wasted Spark Coil

bladerunner80

Spark Plug Wires for VW Four Tower Wasted Spark Coil

Post by bladerunner80 »

Anyone have any suggestion on spark plug wires when using a VW wasted spark coil? I can't use the stock wires (they look too short) plus they have the funky spark plug connectors. Can I buy a set of universal plug wires? If so, what type of connector does the coil pack use?
kangaboy

Re: Spark Plug Wires for VW Four Tower Wasted Spark Coil

Post by kangaboy »

I don't know what the coil pack plug ends look like, but I used a set of vanagon wires for my LS2 Coil set up. They are super long, so I was able to take off the ends, cut them to length, and reattach the ends. Works like a champ. If worse comes to worse, you can get a set of MSD wires and plug ends, and make your own. I think I saw that Mario was making/selling wire sets on his website too (thedubshop.net)
bladerunner80

Post by bladerunner80 »

Thanks Kangaboy. I think the VW coil pack uses the same style connectors as the LS coil packs. I ordered a set of universal taylor wires and a separate LS coil pack terminal kit. Hopefully that will do the trick. I compared a bunch of pictures of the stock VW plug wires that work with the coil pack and the LS coil pack wires and ends look pretty similar.
Big Ratfink

Post by Big Ratfink »

The last set of MSD wires I bought came with a crimp tool so I could cut to length and crimp whichever ends I needed.
Thorkhild

Post by Thorkhild »

I started with the taylor made 8mm from aircooled.net and changed my dizzy end with these . https://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd- ... d-ignition

to use with my IGN-4 from diyautotune