Shift Light

clintonddk

Shift Light

Post by clintonddk »

Is it possible for a shift light that is built into a tac to cause a loss in sync?
ps2375

Re: Shift Light

Post by ps2375 »

How is MS triggered, what controls shift light?
clintonddk

Post by clintonddk »

36-1 and a hall sensor. I can't remember at this time what output I used for my tax but the light is built in to the tac.
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

So, tach is MS driven or driven by coil?
kangaboy

Post by kangaboy »

clintonddk wrote:Is it possible for a shift light that is built into a tach to cause a loss in sync?
Just curious how that would happen. The "Tach Output" is an output from the MS unit...how would an output cause the MS to lose sync? My shift light is built into my tach, and is just triggered when the gauge gets to a certain defined rpm. I may just not be privy on this, but I'll wait for someone to come by with a definite answer.
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

Is this thread created because this is actually happening or just a question? If the tach is driven by an MS output, I wouldn't expect a shift light inside the tach to cause a reset, but you never know how someone might wire a system and possibly interlink grounds, power leads and such.
clintonddk

Post by clintonddk »

Tac is MS2 driven and I am not sure if the light is the problem or not. I am having a loss of sync issue and noticed that it just so happens to happen when the light flashes. I was told to try and turn off the noise filter in Tunerstudio and see if that helps.
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

Disable the light, see what that does.

Are you sure it's a loss of sync, do you have any rev limiter set to operate?
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

clintonddk wrote:Tac is MS2 driven and I am not sure if the light is the problem or not. I am having a loss of sync issue and noticed that it just so happens to happen when the light flashes. I was told to try and turn off the noise filter in Tunerstudio and see if that helps.
Disconnect the tach and try it. Next set the light to a really high rpm so you don't activate it and see if you get resets again.
You could increase the noise filter a little to see if that helps too.
Check your sensor gap also.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.