VE Auto Tune Question

paullanzarotti

VE Auto Tune Question

Post by paullanzarotti »

Can anyone tell me what the different colours of the numbers in the VE table refer to after running VE Analyze to auto tune?

I understand what different colour cells refer to but not the different coloured numbers.

Anyone?
jhoefer

Re: VE Auto Tune Question

Post by jhoefer »

For the text colors, black is the original value, blue is richer, red is leaner. Once you save the tune it should all go back to black. If you look at the two small windows on the right, it's the same coloring shown in the Cell Change box.
paullanzarotti

Post by paullanzarotti »

Ah right, that makes sense - thanks.

I also noticed that at idle although my AFR target is 13.5 the actual AFR is 14.6. if I manually change the cells the AFR comes down but then auto tune adjusts it to 14.6 again.

Any idea what I am doing wrong here?
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

You can stop that by "locking" those cells so that autotune can't adjust them. What version of MS are you using?
paullanzarotti

Post by paullanzarotti »

I'm using Megasquirt 2.

I don't understand why when at idle it "sits" in a cell and the AFR says 13.5 and the cell does not change to match that.

It's making my map lean everywhere.
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

What are your autotune parameters set at? Somewhere it's set to change it.
paullanzarotti

Post by paullanzarotti »

Where would I find those??
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

I wish I could help, but I am not as familiar with MS2 as I would like. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

The analyze-live tab in TS has filters for parameters, you generally don't want to have it tune the idle area as the lambda delay at idle can be several seconds. (like >2.5) and that causes issues.

Use the idle VE feature to set idle mixture, use idle timing feature as well, both exist for good reason.

Its also important to set up a reasonably accurate lambda delay table for your WBO2 and exhaust setup.
The default is for a 350 chevy with sensors 12" from the ports in cast iron manifolds...
I ~guarantee it's wrong for your ACVW. I have posted mine repeatedly, which should be a better staring point, but the closer the lambda delay table is to perfect, the better VEAL works.

You should have ms2extra loaded, I don't thing the lame B&G firmware has got anything but bugfixes in years, and AFAIK no one here uses it.
Use msextra.com forums and forget the contents of the megamanual and B&Gs website.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.