How to "Quick start up" anyone?

paullanzarotti

How to "Quick start up" anyone?

Post by paullanzarotti »

I have a Mexican Beetle 1600i that is standard aside from MS2 and wasted spark set up.

The car runs great but doesn't start like it used to with factory ECU.

When it was stock it would start within 0.5 of a second of cranking however now it starts in about 2-3 seconds and longer if it is damp/raining.

I have dialled in WUE and ASE (or I think I have) so once the car starts it warms up and runs fine but getting it to fire quickly is proving elusive.

I have tried playing with the cranking timing which seems to have little impact and I have tried all sorts of combinations for Priming and Cranking pulse - none of which make any difference.

It sounds like it needs more fuel but even if I put the cranking % up to 2500 (400 is recommended) it seems to make little difference.

Does anyone out there have a similar set up and able to get the engine starting like factory?
Last edited by paullanzarotti on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ps2375

Re: How to get factory start up?

Post by ps2375 »

There is a setting on the Spark settings page that is labeled "Skip Pulses", what is that set to? Do you have prime pulses enabled? And do you have an aux air/idle valve setup on this motor?
paullanzarotti

Re: How to get factory start up?

Post by paullanzarotti »

I am using the stock Idle Control Valve that comes with the Mexican set up - I have tested that and set it to 92hz.

Skip pulses is set to "3"

See screenshots attach - does this shed any light?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.