microsquirt Wled and Aled ignition output.

buildabiggerboxer

microsquirt Wled and Aled ignition output.

Post by buildabiggerboxer »

well she runs great when she feels like it , but :roll: the output on both leds is intermitant. it ran on and off fine while tuning and mapping over the weekend, bled the brakes etc and other mechanical jobs all sorted, she fired right up a dozenor more times over the weekend, test mode showed huge sparks in waste COP mode on all 4,, ignition timing verified and stable, decent toothwheel and ignition logs, i thought i was winning but went back to it this evening to find both led outputs dead again, the COPS are high resistance and check out at 1020 ohm between signal and ground pins so are easy in the uS operating range, im stumped and head scratching really, im gonna reflash the code and see what it brings, a quick check method i use is the timing light on the harness, it picks up great when its on all four, then that nothingness happens.🤔 any input guys? thxs in advance. BBB
buildabiggerboxer

Re: microsquirt Wled and Aled ignition output.

sorted, back on all four in waste COP mode , :D Broken resistor tail, re fitted 1K resistors as original Microsquirt spec. ive noticed test mode itself can play up and not fire for some odd reasons, and because all was new i depended to much on it and maybe shoulda just test fired the motor before i pulled the loom apart trying different resistor values.
anyway, now started mapping and setting up sequential ignition , found a decent cam signal but get sync loss ., or bad cam signal and gain rpm sync, depends on just a few degrees on the hall tooth position. getting there now..
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Keep the sensor gap down, if using the DIYAutotune/Honewell GT sensor, the printed specs are ridiculous, it won't work worth a darn at 3mm gap, maybe ~1mm.

Another example--- The sensor I'm using now doesn't work at all with a "missing" tooth, but works awesome with a filled in tooth. Probably something with its automatic gain control...
It picks up pointy gear teeth ~3mm apart 36-1 to ~17K shaft speed (MS3) RC gas truck 32 pitch steel spur gear.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
buildabiggerboxer

Thxs Pile, im on a long and skinny VR sensor, ford focus, 36:1@ 1mm clearence, absolutly no room behind small ds toothed wheel, fully screened VR cable, it worked 1st time on my wee little d/s pully, syncs great in waste spark but loses sync every other crank 360. i have logs ill try to post up.
loom is still open heart till i proof these 1k resistors on monday, i was exactly here with it all running last saturday and made good with quality glue lined shrink tube,
mare to remove it this morning.