NA. Sequential fuel & spark base map?

Tobias Bylund

NA. Sequential fuel & spark base map?

Post by Tobias Bylund »

Hi all, i am building up a 2110 engine, it will run e85 on full sequential, both spark and fuel. It will have 11.8:1 compression, dual IDF throttle bodies, using a modified MS2-3.57, i sent the ECU to Phil at extraEFI.co.uk for the sequential modifications, he loaded the latest MSextra code into it, i guess i am basically wondering if anyone would be willing to share a base map that i can use as a starting point? preferably an NA tune. I have ordered an assembled jimstim as well so that i can bench test the ECU and get familiar with Tuner Studio, the engine itself needs some machine work before being completed, so it will be a while before it is ready.

Regards
Tobias
andy198712

Re: NA. Sequential fuel & spark base map?

Post by andy198712 »

guessing your not in the UK? i only ask as you said where you were sending your ECU but we don't have E85 in the UK easily :(

can't help on the maps as i'm not E85 sadly
Tobias Bylund

Post by Tobias Bylund »

No, i am from Sweden, we have e85 more or less everywhere.... for now atleast, i dont think that many are actually using it though, it is slightly cheaper to run on straight petrol as it gets better mpg, and people tend to not want to fill up as often
Tobias Bylund

Post by Tobias Bylund »

But as far as a base map, i dont think it is much work to convert your map for e85, just change the stoich conversion and the target AFR, i think stoichiometry for e85 is around 9.8 rather than 14.7 or something like that.

Is your engine NA though, and sequential fuel and spark?
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

wasted spark.... is yours alpha N or SD?

Hopefully you keep E85 then and the UK follow on!
Tobias Bylund

Post by Tobias Bylund »

Ah, ok i see, no worries, either someone else will chime in and maybe have something more similar to what i plan, or i will just have to try and create something from scratch.

I haven´t come far enough to determine alpha-n or not yet, i am still waiting for my JimStim so that i can benchtest different things. And undecided whether i should build a vacuum can to get a more reliable signal for MAP.
falcor

Post by falcor »

Hej Tobias.
I can share the tables from my 2276 10:3 ITB type 4 Engine that should at least give you a starting point even if I'm using Maxxecu.
Send me a PM and we'll work something out
Tobias Bylund

Post by Tobias Bylund »

Thank you Falcor! PM sent.