H2OSB

Re: Spammers

Post by H2OSB »

I'm afraid to even click on a thread
Iguana

Post by Iguana »

H2OSB wrote:I'm afraid to even click on a thread
No need to be afraid although Spam is a virus in the sense of it but there is no harm to anything.

The spammers have come through a previously unknown loophole in the anonymous user registration area.

We are working with the PHPBB Community to squash this issue and I expect to have it resolved in the next 12 hrs.

We are knowingly let thing happen at the moment as in order for them to do anything they reveal how they are doing it as we have track and trace on everything.

You may noticed a slow down as the server load is increased by trace and trace but this will all be resolved shortly.

Think of it like a Movie with a phone trace bouncing around the sell towers, the more the post the easier it is to track them.

If you are concerned check back in 24 hrs and we should be all finished mopping the floor an taking the trash out.
Buy a Kit, Build a Dream
H2OSB

Post by H2OSB »

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Yes, thanks Iguana!
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Ahh, we can breathe again! Thanks for the cleanup!
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Chip Birks wrote:Looks like the update didnt address spammer access. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Chip, Doc and the Admin crew are working on it. Hang in there.
H2OSB

Post by H2OSB »

You guys do a fantastic job. I love this forum and will wait, PATIENTLY, as long as it takes.

If there's one fault of this site, it's a personal one. I now have the "bug" (yes, pun intended) to have a T4 in my '74 1303. Prior to coming to STFs, I only had a vague notion of what the T4 was. Now I'm hooked.

H2OSB
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Iguana has been the fixit man here. Kudos to him. This particular attack has been a doozie. All I do is worry. Thanks to all for hanging on.

doc