specialty forum link

fusername

specialty forum link

Post by fusername »

normally when i am in atopic or whatever i back out to the specialty forums using the "navigation buttons" up top. I was on my phone earlier, not logged in, and hit speciality foru, and it took me to active topics instead. i thought it was just my fat fingers, but the exact same thing happened to me just now on my home pc. clearly the site still works, but its a strange problem, just giving you the heads up, not complaining!
doc
Site Admin

Re: specialty forum link

Post by doc »

Interesting.

I did it and the same happens. When you click Specialty Forums from the jump box, you get a search for Active Topics. But if you click on any of the actual forums (below Specialty Forums) in the jump box, you go to the appropriate forum. I think this is the way it is designed to work. And the rationale is that Specialty Forums is just a header (not an actual forum) and the stuff under Specialty Forums are all the actual forums, which work as you might expect. Just a guess.

It is interesting that they have linked the Specialty Forums click (and even included it in the lists) to a search for Active Topics. Not a bad thing.

doc
fusername

Post by fusername »

the thing is, prior to today, it didn't do that. or yesterday, depending on which clock you are using. if you scroll to the very bottom you will see the list of all the forums within specialty forums (or any other sub heading) with more info than is displayed on the index page. this used tobe what the link would direct to. it is nice to have it show who made the last post when you are refreshing obsessivly cause you are bored and this site is most of your entertainment. the beauty of beaing on the east coast, most of yall are up when i am!

the feature, prior to this strange change in behaviour,was also most useful when browsing the classifieds for more interesting goodies.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

I appreciate the insight.

As reluctant as I am to mess with the board software, we will take a look at this.

The fact is that nothing has changed or, more accurately, Admin Steve and I are unaware of any change and we're the only ones who can make them. So, it is beyond my understanding how any part of the software could have changed in the last few days. But we'll explore it as time permits.

doc
fusername

Post by fusername »

well its back to normal, was that you or the gremlins?
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

We did nothing.

Dude, there is no explaining the internet. Ask Al Gore...... :roll:

doc
fusername

Post by fusername »

sometimes its best not to question these things. I would have just gone with the ole "oh must be something strange or corrupt in my cahce or cookies, problem whent away" but you had to go and verify it. now I will always be concerned about just what super power made this repairs, and if it is a benevolent god, the great moderator of moderators, admin of all.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

I'm tellin' ya. It's Al Gore.

doc