Large image posting

rubenski

Re: Large image posting

Post by rubenski »

I used to post pictures in my topic using photobucket for more than 5pages....

Now it suddenly says the max hight op pixels is 800. I havent change a thing.

What happend?
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Max upload size has always been 800x600.
Links used to be any size allowed--but the website must "share" the size with this one in the normal way.
This is so images inline are still limited to 800x600 so they fit on the page or just shown as links.
Some sites do not work right. Photobucket used to.

I understand the whole "800x600 is postage stamp sized" argument, same on all 3 of my 19" monitors.

This limitation has been under discussion for some time, but I expect upload size will stay about the same to conserve server space here.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

I understand but i always uploaded the pics on photobucket in 640x480 or so.
Even tried smaller and that didnt work either....

Am i doing something wrong?
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I went though a short time of something similar on Photo bucket... a couple of times now. I usually edit my photos to get the best out of them that I am capable of before I download to Photo bucket; I usually load/post at 640 X 480 (I have gone bigger a couple of times). To solve it, for me anyway, I went back into Photo bucket and re-edited the pictures there. It only took a couple of times to do this then things leveled out again.

I have had problems with crap sites either sitting outside of Photo bucket or maybe inside (couldn't tell) that come back to haunt me every time I go into Photo bucket; they want me to down load them to fix problems with Photo bucket. Not too trutsing of them even if they were good.
Stripped66

Post by Stripped66 »

Piledriver wrote: This limitation has been under discussion for some time, but I expect upload size will stay about the same to conserve server space here.
Can you discuss it again? Heck, leave the max upload image size as-is to save on server space; most of us have our images hosted elsewhere. The shoot-and-post convenience of Facebook has pretty much killed the internet forum, and with that, some forums have pulled the plug altogether, eliminating even a searchable repository for the tech information that was posted there. The STF has, what, at most 3 threads per forum that have daily activity??? Can we please remove the image size-restrictions on inline images already?
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I agree, limiting offsite image sizes seems silly.

I rather doubt we have a single user on a 56K connection with a 800x600 monitor in years.
Stripped66

Post by Stripped66 »

Any New Year's Resolutions? Such as removing the image size restrictions for images hosted on other websites? :?: