archiving PMs

fusername

archiving PMs

Post by fusername »

Hey my inbox is super full, but I have a hard time deleting anything, packrat mentality. what is the best way to archive my PMs on my personal machine? I have tried exporting them a few diffferent ways, but none yield an easily readable local archive.
doc
Site Admin

Re: archiving PMs

Post by doc »

Sorry, don't have an answer.

doc
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

But, a little homework produces this:

Open pm screen. Mark (check the box) of pms you want to save. Down on the bottom of the page, on the left, is a box that says Export. Click. Choose format from drop down. I chose CSV (Excel). You can open or save. Put the dot in Save. Click.

Should save a copy of one (or more) pms to your storage device. The file will open with Microsoft Excel. A little arcane with all the header stuff, but worked for me.

Try it and report results, please.

doc

Thi
fusername

Post by fusername »

oh that does work for me fine, its just near unreadable in the threee formats I can try. I am hoping to pull ALL my messages, then delete the whole inbox and start fresh, but if I can't page thru em offline simply, then i might as well just delete them for ever.

I guess I am looking for a good way of parsing the end results.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Export to xml.

From xml, it can be converted to mbox or whatever your usual email program eats.
fusername

Post by fusername »

I will play with that, thanks!