Post by 1967Fastback »

*shrug* :?:
Stroker 40 horse

Post by Stroker 40 horse »

Mike said "anything?"

My T- shirt press has gotten dustier... :(
1967Fastback

Post by 1967Fastback »

Last edited by 1967Fastback on Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike@crosbys

Post by mike@crosbys »

i think the new owner doesnt want us to make T-shirts with his copyrighted logo. I dont know why he wouldnt want t shirts, it's only free advertising from the site, thats just my opinion. Maybe he has a reason for not going forward with his. Does he ever sign on here like scottk used to?
mike@crosbys

Post by mike@crosbys »

[quote="Class 11 streeter"]The new owner did contact me directly, and put me in my place (kindly I might add). As of now, I have no intent to steal copyrighted material belonging to the owner of shoptalkforums.
quote]
1967Fastback

Post by 1967Fastback »

Last edited by 1967Fastback on Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doc

Post by doc »

ok, I get the message. I've just been procrastinating getting t-shirts made and, quite frankly, have been leary of the risk involved since it is a substantial investment to even get started. However, I am swayed by the comment that it will be great advertisng.

I expect each of you to post orders immediately for yourselves and everybody else you know and stand on a street corner in your town advertsing for STF. If there's any whining about not enough XXL's, I'm sending out the goon squad. I'll post updates to this thread just to keep you informed. Thanks for the reminder.

Regards,

doc
EASY RIDER

Post by EASY RIDER »

Doc, I know that we don't all hve the same taste when it comes to stuff and I know that even a simple t-shirt costs a significant amount of money to produce. With that said I thnk it would be a good idea to put a few different ideas up for vote. I would buy my share but only if I liked the design. I thought that I read some where that shirts had been made before so I guess there is a design already.

Bert
doc

Post by doc »

Bert,

Good idea! I, of course, understand that t-shirts will only sell to those that like them. The design I'm thinking about is the STF logo at the top of every page of the site with "For Your Aircooled Pleasure" underneath. Pretty straightforward. Don't know if we can afford both sides with graphic - I'll see when I talk to the t-shirt man. I'm also thinking of a real good quality, blend shirt. Blend means it won't shrink like 100% cotton and quality means it will last through some wash cycles without falling to pieces. Both of these need to be balanced with cost. I don't think many want a $30 shirt. I'm shooting for the $10-$15 range, which would include a profit to help fund STF.

What do you think? I'm open to other thoughts. Let me hear from all who have an opinion in the next few days and we'll see what comes up. Thanks.

doc
EASY RIDER

Post by EASY RIDER »

Doc, are there no more sponsors? I was looking for the banner ads at the top of the pages to see what the sponsors logos and ads looked like to suggest that maybe you could off set some of the money by putting the STF logo and "for your aircooled pleasure." on the front with the sponsors and there logos on back but I can't seem to locate the ads.

Maybe you could set up something to get donations to help fund the project.

IDEA: If you donate something (I don't know?? Just a number, $25, this could be voted on also) you can get your screen name and when you joined on the back of the shirt, as a sponsor. With this thought you might have to look into what would be a feasible cut off for donations. You know you can't have everyone donating $2 and looking to get on your shirt. :roll:

Bert
doc

Post by doc »

I have been thinking about going with no sponsors or maybe a single sponsor. What most sponsors have paid in the past just doesn't make it worthwhile. Several "sponsors" were either free or traded the previous owners in kind. I appreciate their past participation, but am really considering phasing out the sponsor program. I've already gotten rid of the google type ads which puportedly pay on their sales - never got a dime! Anyway, I'm not chasing sponsors at this point.

I apprecite your ideas, though. The reality of t-shirts is, in order to hold costs reasonable, t-shirts will all have to be marked the same. Printing individual shirts is just not feasible. So, whatever we do, will have to be common to all. I'll keep thinking about the sponsor idea.

doc
EASY RIDER

Post by EASY RIDER »

All sposnsors names could be in a list on one shirt. I remeber in grade school we had shirts with the whole class on the back of a shirt.
Stroker 40 horse

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Post by Stroker 40 horse »

doc wrote: I appreciate your ideas, though. The reality of t-shirts is, in order to hold costs reasonable, t-shirts will all have to be marked the same. Printing individual shirts is just not feasible. So, whatever we do, will have to be common to all. I'll keep thinking about the sponsor idea.

doc
Well, doc , you must be living in an alternate reality, because I make my shirts one at a time :D
Please contact me! I don't need money up front! :shock: unless it's a huge amount.
I just need artwork, quantities, and approval!
mike@crosbys

Post by mike@crosbys »

Im up for it, i like the shoptalk logo and for your aircooled pleasure, maybe just the bug on the front, like over the left chest area? I'll sign up for a few, no XXl tho, i'm just a little guy :oops:
fortyeye

Post by fortyeye »

i like the shoptalk logo and for your aircooled pleasure, maybe just the bug on the front, like over the left chest area?
That's the one ... hey Doc ... maybe a "sticky" or a "poll" to guage acceptance by the members?
I just need artwork, quantities, and approval!
So ... let's get going (finally) ... operating capital for the forum? ... YES! Let's go Doc!