porsche brakes

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
sunnydude98

porsche brakes

Post by sunnydude98 »

What is the most cost effective Porsche brake setup for a ball joint front end, and an IRS rear, as well as a swing axle. I am looking at doing a setup. Is it feasable to find custom bearing to make a 944 hub fit a beetle spindle, or is that impossible? Please I need all the help I can get

Chris
helowrench

Post by helowrench »

good news/bad news

good news: absolutely, there is a company out there that makes all of the parts you need.

bad news: since germanlook went down, I have no way to find the posts pertaining to this.

maybe one of the transplant guys will drop by and shed some light on this

Rob
sunnydude98

Post by sunnydude98 »

I am working on getting ahold of vdub engineering about this. Its looks like the easiest way is to have him just do the machining for the front stuff, I think the back is a direct bolt on for the most part.

Chris
wrenchnride247

Post by wrenchnride247 »

helowrench wrote:good news/bad news

good news: absolutely, there is a company out there that makes all of the parts you need.

bad news: since germanlook went down, I have no way to find the posts pertaining to this.

maybe one of the transplant guys will drop by and shed some light on this

Rob
Germanlook has been up for a few weeks now...

Lanner of Vdub Engineering is THE man for brake conversions, and is great to deal with.
sunnydude98

Post by sunnydude98 »

great info on Vdubengineering site. I was just gonna email him. What I am looking at is an IRS setup which is obviously bolt on, and the 4 pot Brembo fornts. Does anyone know where I can source the parts easiest?

Chris