Front Mount Oil Cooler

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
JWP

Re: Front Mount Oil Cooler

Post by JWP »

34plus2 wrote:
JWP wrote:
34plus2 wrote:I am running a big setrap oilcooler for oil and two small setraps for water to air intercooler.
What oil pump do you have? Thanks
i run a 30mm type4 pump now, but ran the stock type4 pump (24mm) before. works also.
Thanks, i was concerned of oil psi drops due to the distance. I think my pump is a 26 or 30 mm pump. I can't recall as I built the engine when i was 17.
Thanks again.
crankwalk

Re:

Post by crankwalk »

westypoo wrote:what year of RX7 we talkin here?

and also.. im buildin a german look car and was wondering what the bennifit is for having the oil cooler in front vs under the car by the tranny... ( i know cooler air up front, but just thought id ask)

and also... with having the cooler up front, how many qrts does it take to fill, and when you change your oil, do you just change whats in the motor and leave whats in the lines?
Here is the Turbo II FC rx7 oil cooler hanging out of the bottom of my old rotary powered 911. It worked great and no leaks!
'12 VW Jetta TDI sedan- MPG queen
'76 Ferrari Dino 308 GT4- Garage Queen (turbo boxer swap)
'73 Datsun 240Z- Autox'er
-Jay Gilling
vocho1998

Post by vocho1998 »

Hi, I'm running a set up similar to what you have on my T1, but instead of using hoses to the engine,
I instal galvanize pipe from front to back, and it has proven to be bullet prove
I have been using it for 3 year and steal en good shape.
I'll post pictures as soon as I can.....
vocho1998

Post by vocho1998 »

Hi, I'm also running 2 oil coolers, one of them is a 4 pass and a 2 pass, and an oil filter
Use in 18 wheelers, I install it right front fender, but I use galvanize pipe, comontly use in pluming
It works grate, I have had it for 3 year and no leaking, and no overheating. And around here
Temp reach 100'