71 Cal/Euro look door window install help

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
StinkBug

71 Cal/Euro look door window install help

Post by StinkBug »

I just bought a "project" bug and it has 1/2 finished Cal windows :? in the doors and I have no clue how to finish it. If someone can please point me in the direction of an article that has a walkthrough or an install guide that would be MUCH appreciated!

Going from this

To this!
wrenchnride247

Re: 71 Cal/Euro look door window install help

Post by wrenchnride247 »

"Cal look" windows are the rubber seals without the metal trim groove. If you are talking about "one piece" window kit... from what I see in the pics, nothing has been done yet. Need more details please.
StinkBug

Post by StinkBug »

wrenchnride247 wrote:"Cal look" windows are the rubber seals without the metal trim groove. If you are talking about "one piece" window kit... from what I see in the pics, nothing has been done yet. Need more details please.
I am sorry, I did not post the pics of the doors without the vents. Yes, I am speaking of the "one-piece" windows.
Marc

Post by Marc »

You'll regret it...and that's not just my opinion.

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 18&t=84221
wrenchnride247

Post by wrenchnride247 »

If the small sheet metal section has not been cut out of window channel then go back with the stock vent set up. The one piece set up WILL leak... unless you never drive in the rain :lol: I've had them on my bug for 18 years now. If you have a good vapor barrier behind your door panels, and the drain holes in the bottom of the doors are not clogged up, it wont be to bad...

One more thing... make sure you have the "snap in seals" and not the ones you have to screw in place if you go the one piece route anyway. :wink: