Project "Racelook"

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
racelook

Post by racelook »

Update:
Today I had an relax-day :D ... so not an full day working on the car, but I've spend some hours.
Been busy at the handbrake-bracket and the pedals today. Here some not finished result of today.
After that the sanding started over again :twisted: .. 15 pieces with small hooks and gabs :?

Wiebrand
racelook

Post by racelook »

Last friday completed the handbrake-bracket eand the pedals. After that shot the last parts in the EP.

All the parts of the chassis are now in the Epoxy Primer!!!!!

Today didn't do much, cleaned an little bit.

Wiebrand
Ephry73

Post by Ephry73 »

That is turning out to be one sweeter ride. How much weight do you think oyu've saved/better distribute ?

E
racelook

Post by racelook »

Ephry73 wrote:That is turning out to be one sweeter ride. How much weight do you think oyu've saved/better distribute ?
Thanks mate.

If I be honest, I realy don't know how heavy/light it is now. I will weight wen he is completelly ready (won't be super light with cage, etc.).

Wiebrand
racelook

Post by racelook »

Past week didn't do much on the bug. We had to finish the racecar for past wednesday, because we went racing on circuit Zandvoort. What an experience was that!! SUPER COOL!!!! Cruizing with 175km/h on the straight, full in the brakes and with squeesing tyres through the corners :shock: LOVING IT !!

Today started with bonding the chassistunnel. Quite an difficult job that bonding. Looks easier than it is.

No pics today

Wiebrand
racelook

Post by racelook »

Today picked up some filler from Upol (PPG).

Soon I will spray some on.

Wiebrand
racelook

Post by racelook »

"Soon" was verry early this week 8)

Tonight I sprayed the filler on (3 layers). Worked out quite well.

Soon the real work (sanding) begins.

Wiebrand
racelook

Post by racelook »

Here some pics of last wednesday.

Front
Rear

Wiebrand
racelook

Post by racelook »

Today worked on the bug.

Sanded the tunnel of the chassis with P320 (3 hours of sanding to get it straight). Sanded on some places through the filler, so I had to shot another layer of filler on.

Everything masked and sprayed the tunnel on another layer of filler.

Tomorrow were going to weld!

Wiebrand
racelook

Post by racelook »

Sooooooooooooooo, what an day was yesterday.

At 8 o'clock I stood at the metal"shop" and more than 16,5 hours after that I was back at home.

The day:
I made an nice planning for the day, but sadly I had to reject it at the first thing I did that morning. I was at the metalshop yesterdaymorning, and sadly the guy didn't had time that day to cut some steal for me (one-man-firm, good guy and good prices). Ayeah than that has to go another time.

Then I again started with sanding the lose pices of my chassis. First with 320 after that with 800. What an ****ty job is that (but hell yeah someone got to do it ;) ). Next time I certainly will go wet-in-wet.

In the afternoon I got to the paintshop, buyed an new paintgun and asked some info. Sanded again some stuff and started with preparing some pieces for painting.

After dinner finished the preparing of the pieces, degreesed all the stuff and finally painted the pieces with my NEW paintgun. I took some time to get used on it, but what an great gun, much more injustable as the other one.
Sprayed the black 2K paint in several layers and layed an layer of clear on top (not standard).

When again the paintgun was cleaned I was at home around 0.40 a.m.

GReetings Wiebrand

Here some pics of the result;

Gearbox

racelook

Post by racelook »

So yesterday night sanded another four hours on the tunnel. Last time after sanding with 320 shot on an control-layer. Yesterday sanded the control-layer with 320, than antoher control-layer and then sanded with 800.

Sadly sanded throught the filler +/- 10 times so I picked the 1K filler and shot some of that on the spots. Next time an little sanding on that places and were finally going to paint the pan.

Here some pics of how the pan was yesterday afternoon.

Wiebrand
racelook

Post by racelook »

Tonight welded an dolly, for moving my chassis and body.

Wiebrand
racelook

Post by racelook »

So, Today i've been bussy again.

At first set the chassis on the self-made dolly.

It's so nice that you can move the car on your own, without help of someone else. GREAT =D>

Than sanded the underside of the pan with 800, then masked the upsaide of the pan, then degreased the top of the pan. Mixing some paint and shot it on..................

RED
RED
RED #2

At first I was afraid that the paint wasn't good any more after standign still for more than 2,5-3 years. But luckily it was as spraybale as new.

After that I sanded (10 though 15) lose pieces of the pan (with 320 and 800).

Wiebrand

p.s. for the guys that things; where's the sealer and the bidyschutz? They will be added thus week.
jonas_linder

Post by jonas_linder »

That looks great wiebrand :)
eim

Post by eim »

Damn, that looks gooood!