GSXR ITB's

andy198712

Re: GSXR ITB's

Post by andy198712 »

Cheers buddy :)
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Just scored another set for £36! Result!
Got both sets of injectors with this set too so can see if the high flow top injectors fit in the lower position... Will also try and see if I can use some pulley parts to make something up..... :)
supaninja

Post by supaninja »

I'm still running the Gixxer ITB's on my notch, and I still love them.
'65 notch w/ a squirted type 4
http://supaninjanick.wordpress.com/
'68 "Zombie Response Vehicle" Westy
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=140387
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

andy198712 wrote:Just scored another set for £36! Result!
Got both sets of injectors with this set too so can see if the high flow top injectors fit in the lower position... Will also try and see if I can use some pulley parts to make something up..... :)
Devastator makes a second matching pulley for those.

The inner/outer injectors are identical dimensions, might want to check the (outer) 450cc gray units spray pattern.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Piledriver wrote:
andy198712 wrote:Just scored another set for £36! Result!

The inner/outer injectors are identical dimensions, might want to check the (outer) 450cc gray units spray pattern.

Yeah the caps looks to have different hole designs on them so as you say, be worth checking spray pattern, at a wild guess the bigger ones are probably more a stream then a spray as they're designed to hit the upper throttle plate

how much are his pulleys? not seen him about lately?

cheers :)
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

supaninja wrote:I'm still running the Gixxer ITB's on my notch, and I still love them.

Hi bud,

Cant wait to get mine going! glad yours are still going well! will pick your brains nearer the time! lives got in the way a bit with my build
falcor

Post by falcor »

Is there any place that sells pulleys for building your own cable pull system for your itbs?
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

falcor wrote:Is there any place that sells pulleys for building your own cable pull system for your itbs?
Devastator makes a second matching pulley for those...
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
supaninja

Post by supaninja »

Hey, Andy I hope you don't expect much, there isn't a lot of brains to pick lol.
'65 notch w/ a squirted type 4
http://supaninjanick.wordpress.com/
'68 "Zombie Response Vehicle" Westy
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=140387
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

supaninja wrote:Hey, Andy I hope you don't expect much, there isn't a lot of brains to pick lol.

Quality not quantity ;)
I chopped off the flanges off some twin carb manifolds, then lowered them till the spacing was right and re fixed with a metal epoxy (safe for fuel and oil)
Need to find some cheap rubber boots on eBay to mount them on...

Getting there!!
Devastator

Post by Devastator »

andy198712 wrote:Piledriver wrote:
andy198712 wrote:
Just scored another set for £36! Result!

Yeah the caps looks to have different hole designs on them so as you say, be worth checking spray pattern, at a wild guess the bigger ones are probably more a stream then a spray as they're designed to hit the upper throttle plate

how much are his pulleys? not seen him about lately?
I'm still here. PM me and I'll give you whatever information I can.
Devastator's Build Thread

Sandrail

2.4 liter, supercharged Chevy Ecotec

"If everything seems under control, you're just not
going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

i got the stock pulley to work on the other throttle body and will make the cable guide work (will need some grinding to the mounting lug by my thumb to make it line up nicely... but should look very OEM!

This pic shows that the flanges are still to big OD for the flanges which is annoying :( (not centred in the pic but you get the idea)
so going to have to get a plate and bolt it to the flanges, then to the flanges to adapt it.... which is annoying as i guess i wasted my time cutting down my manifolds and bonding them back together... oh well!!

i mixed and matched the fuel rails, from upper and lowers as they're the same fitment, but the inlets face different ways so i mixed and matched so both point towards the front of the car, and i need to cut the rest of the rails off and solder on some barbs.... i think! or get two spare spigots from my other rails, drill a hole in the rails and solder those in for a factory look.....

Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

The rails are SS so its easiest and probably best to to braze the fittings on, solder no bueno.

I TIG'd mine together but welding thick wall SS fittings to very thin wall SS tubing is nontrivial, and could easily go badly, quickly.

Gas brazing (or even TIG brazingising silicon bronze rod) is far more forgiving, gas brazing having the most process leeway...
Plus, you could braze brass fittings in to the SS tubing after sanding or turning for good slide in fit.
(brass fittings in steel tubing works due to the expansion going the way that helps, steel fittings in copper tubing is far more likely to have problems as the copper expands more)
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

Piledriver wrote:The rails are SS so its easiest and probably best to to braze the fittings on, solder no bueno.

I TIG'd mine together but welding thick wall SS fittings to very thin wall SS tubing is nontrivial, and could easily go badly, quickly.

Gas brazing (or even TIG brazingising silicon bronze rod) is far more forgiving, gas brazing having the most process leeway...
Plus, you could braze brass fittings in to the SS tubing after sanding or turning for good slide in fit.
(brass fittings in steel tubing works due to the expansion going the way that helps, steel fittings in copper tubing is far more likely to have problems as the copper expands more)
Thanks for the reply
i was wondering if they were stainless or CAD plated steel as they're corroding a little... tempted to sand one back and leave it outside to see if it rusts to double check.

i don't have an OXY torch, only propane and i don't think that gets hot enough to braze.... silver solder maybe?

http://www.bssa.org.uk/topics.php?article=150
that could be a option?
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

So once brought the correct solder and the hard to find flux for soldering it would have been kinda pricey, then i saw these All purpose brazing rods in the shop, 650-750c melting point and for steel, stainless, brass bronze and copper, says its a silver alloy flux coated brazing rod....

i'll see how i get on tomorrow most likely.... if it goes horribly wrong there will be pictures :lol:

i also picked up some 5mm plates for my adapters for £3 from the parts bin at an ally place and some nice fixings.

getting there!