Welcome to the STF! Please Introduce Yourself and Your Ride

Here's the place to start. Introduce yourself and your ride.
Amanofdragons

Re: Welcome to the STF! Please Introduce Yourself and Your R

Post by Amanofdragons »

My name's Daniel and I'm 20. Currently shopping for my first car. Thought I had my mind set on a muscle car or maybe a fiesta st. Then browsing the lists of Craig I find this cool baby puke green Baja bug. I'm so torn right now. I don't know what to do!! The price to me is good but no idea if it is really. would be my daily driver year round. Maybe. Would love to make it a lil sleeper or something to content with at the drag track.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Dan, first: welcome to STF.

Second: almost anything is possible assuming you have the money to throw at it. Remember that there are always going to be trade offs (that you have to be prepared to accept) that can affect what you end up with after the money is done being distributed. This is a good site to lean from so again, welcome to STF and ask a lot of question; soon you may be answering them.

Lee
Ghosttowncs

Post by Ghosttowncs »

Howdy Folks!
I literally just found this site, and can't wait to be a part of it! I have been the proud owner of a 65' Beetle for almost a month now. It's amazing how people react to this car. I have been on the hunt for several years now, and finally found the one. My youngest son has gotten the bug, pun fully intended, and I figured this would be a great project for us to work on together.
As mentioned it's a 65' with a 1600 DP, and runs pretty well. There are some projects in the near future for it though for sure.
Until then we will cruise it and smile! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

So, you've discovered the addiction. STF is like Hotel California; you can check in any time you like but you can never leave. :twisted:

Welcome to STF. Enjoy your stay.

doc
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Very well put Doc! :)

A very nice start Ghosttowncs, doesn't look like much is wrong from the pix.

Lee
Potter

Post by Potter »

Name is Brian and I found STF searching for info on how to blow through my kadrons.

Here's my manx, I've had it for twenty years now but its only been on the road for 4 or 5 of those. Currently in the process of adding the turbo and putting it back on the road.

1968 Meyers Manx
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Very Nice! Welcome to STF Brian.

Lee
Ghosttowncs

Post by Ghosttowncs »

Haha, thanks! Our 65' is definitely a ten-footer for sure. Once we get the interior sorted out, and a couple wiring odds and ends, hopefully it will be pretty sound.
jennings

Post by jennings »

I'm a older Newbie with a 71 Super Beetle I have had for years. Bought it in Anderson SC about 15 years ago as my son's first car. He drove it everywhere, carb caught fire and burned the back end; but we fixed it and continue to drive it. It has original 86K miles on it. Working on a horn problem now, which I may need some help with in a future post. I put a post about fuses, brake lights and my horn and got a great answer pronto and now my brake lights work but I still working on the horn. Very please with ShopTalkForums. Thanks Guys!!

Jennings
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Welcome! STF members can really help you keep that old bug going.

doc
jws

Post by jws »

New member - today. Old timer bug guy, current project is 1968 beetle. 1835, discs all around, lowered into the weeds. Much work left, so I will be looking for help. Thanks much in advance.
JWS
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Welcome JWS. Good to have another custom in process.

Lee
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Welcome! These guys can really help you spend your money. :twisted:

doc
peter213

Post by peter213 »

Hi, my name is Peter,
I've been a kombi lover ever since an uncle took me for a ride in his van in 1965, in Eindhoven, when I was 11.
Another uncle had a VW vendo (I believe it was called) and a third uncle in Australia also had a VW (type2).
I got my drivers licence in a beetle.
So I caught the bug at an early age.
Later on, I pretty much lived in a 1972 T2 for 5 years travelling the West coast of Australia, so I'm no stranger to driving with grease on my hands..
A couple of years ago, kids grown up, I bought my second T2 (1974 1800).
Just love the sound and the smells and being able to park at the beach and have everything at my fingertips.
Unfortuneately the old girl is unwell and I've been head and shoulders up her rear end for two weeks, trying to find out what's wrong, to no avail.
Which brings me here.
I hope you guys can help and I can answer a few questions myself as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Welcome! Good looking bus.

doc