The box is a normal cheap electrical box to which I welded a strap of the same angle iron I made the frame upright from. To do this I cleaned the switch box and the strap then spot welded it in two places using the inside of the box then welded the ends of the strap to the box. Why? It was an experiment and it did work; it made it easier to clamp the now assembly into place while doing the welding on the angle iron join and not fall apart in the process. The angle iron wraps around the upright for a strong join. After much debate with myself as to which the side of the box I would add it to so, as I said before: no matter which side I add it to it will be the wrong side then, if I moved it to the other side after the first join it still would be wrong.
I punched out the lower hole in the rear of the box, added the clamp then threaded the wire from the plug and marked to length to shorten the connecting wire. I then marked and cut then removed the sleeve of the connection wire. Then, using the outlet as a pattern, I shortened the wire to the needed length, stripped the ends and clamped on pronged connectors and finally connected everything together. It didn't take long as I got lucky on the first cuts.
The 6 plug in is something that plugs into the two plug outlet then the center screw goes into where a cover normally is attached keeping the two pieces tight together; they should not pull apart. It's load is compatible with the 13 1/2 amp rating of the wire I used.
Do I need 6 plug-in positions? No but when under a car, on your back, it is easier to connect to one of 6 than to connect to one of two (a rationalization on my part
I have the parts for the air connection but I need to get a bigger piece of metal than the scrap I have as the connection to the water separator is a pair of slots, not what you might call a regular connection. Most of the water separators I looked at were not intended for anything but an in-line connection out of the compressor or an in-line connection to something like a blast cabinet. There was a big price difference for more conventional ones also.
One other thing I plan on adding would be to the bottom frame/grab bar that would be something like a towel rack bar that I could grab while on my back and move the cart around.
A lot of silliness for something so trivial but it has been fun! With what little I have used it the build has been worth it.
I finished off adding the electrical connection this AM. My garage is so full after selling our motorhome that it is impossible to do much especially in the way of welding.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.