'nuter subaru conversion ej22 and microsquirt

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
55superbeetle

Re: 'nuter subaru conversion ej22 and microsquirt

Post by 55superbeetle »

Awesome! Good to see it running in the car. Looks like that header worked out well.
Andym

Post by Andym »

ive had the subaru engine in the bug now for a while.. been driving it daily and have taken a few road trips down the freeway. Id guess about 400 miles. It sure is fun, makes you ask why you'd build a large displacement vw motor.. this is great! it always runs the same.

55superbeetle, i got my wideband hooked up and working with the laptop, originally my a/f was 8.6. now its up to mid 13's. it runs pretty dam good. Im still learning new stuff with it, a lot of cool stuff.. Id like to meet up one day and have you show me some more stuff about it.

No complaints on how its running and driving!! Put gas in and go!
heres a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DehRLjoLeWw
Andym

Post by Andym »

Lost oil psi do to shrinked oil oring between the 2 case halfs. No damage done to the motor, rebuilt it. Should be back in action tomorrow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andym

Post by Andym »

Here's another junk yard motor fired up on the engine stand. It's a spare and mock up motor. I did test out of few Gm map bars off Oldsmobiles on this engine. Just single bar, so no boost for those map bars. A lot cheaper too.
Andym

Post by Andym »

jimkelly1964

Post by jimkelly1964 »

andym. you still active? i was wondering if you were using stock maf or map. i was told today by diyautotune that the microsquirt can handle the subaru 6/67 trigger wheel and stock crank and cam sensors, as well as stock tps, clt and iat. i was wondering how you wired your igniter and what ever else you can comment on. getting ready to microsquirt a 1990 ej22. looking to put it in my 1975 porsche 914. thank you, jim
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=265392
panel

Post by panel »

Not sure if you'll use the cam sensor.I think it's for sequential.......unless you're going sequential ? Also doesn't look like a MAF sensor in that intake.
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
63 Bug

Post by 63 Bug »

jimkelly1964, I may be wrong, but I dont believe microsquirt supports subaru 6/7 trigger wheels, unless it has two VR circuits, as both cam and crank signals are needed to tell the ECU when to time igntion and fuelling. I'm running megasquirt on my 2.5 turbo subaru motor and the easiest way to sort it is to add the 36-2-2-2 STi crank timing wheel which does not require a cam signal to time the engine.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Microsquirt v3 has 2 improved vr circuits, and can run 4 cyl sequential spark out of the box.
See chapter 5
http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/Mic ... e-3.4.html

Sequential fuel requires hardware mods.
Sadly ms2e doesn't support per cylinder timing tables like ms3.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
jvh22a

Post by jvh22a »

new here and found this forum looking for microsquirt info for my ej205 out of a 2003 wrx. ill be honest that im dont know much about subaru and electronics but i want to learn.

so my question is my ej205 has coil on plug. will Microsquirt work with original trigger system? this will be waste spark and i dont want to add anything if i dont have to.
i dont know what kink of trigger it uses.

i have a complete engine in the car but no wire harness at all. i want to keep this a low budget car and will only need to activate boost control solenoid, fan and meth injection(later on once i know what im doing)

any help would be great.
panel

Post by panel »

^ I would start a new thread/topic.
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
petew

Post by petew »

Good work. Looks nice :)