front end alignment

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
mlrailguy

front end alignment

Post by mlrailguy »

Have noticed the tire on passenger side leans out at top a lot. I know there are shims for fixing this but not sure where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Clatter

Re: front end alignment

Post by Clatter »

Link pin beam?
Speedier than a Fasting Bullet!

Beginners' how-to Type 4 build thread ---> http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=145853
mlrailguy

Post by mlrailguy »

Sorry, yes, link pin.
66brm

Post by 66brm »

More than likely then you have a bent trailing arm, check the offset between the top and bottom linkpin mount flanges, like you were measuring up for shims
mlrailguy

Post by mlrailguy »

Running Tweeds arms, pretty sure they are not bent. I don't think the shims are correct
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

645575[1].jpg
This should be of some help. What you are trying to do here is set the camber of the wheel. By changing the count of spacers on each link pin but stull remaining the total number in the stack you can move the top of the wheel in or out, the same with the bottom of the wheel: e.g., changing the caster.

These little jewels do rust and can fall out if the rust is too bad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mlrailguy

Post by mlrailguy »

Thanks, this helps a bunch. I was on right track, just need to know correct amount of shims. Also not sure what yr spindles I have, so will just tinker till it comes out close. Not like it's driven on the street.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Try counting the number of shims in yours top and bottom... unless someone else has goofed :roll: :lol: . I don't know about part numbers... Sorry!