Update and improvements on my Oxy build

Here's the place for info on converting to a Type V motor!
grelland

Re: Update and improvements on my Oxy build

Post by grelland » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:16 am

jackstraw wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:48 pm
Great job. Liking the pics. I'm curious about the strength of a 3D printed whatever. Interesting technology.
These prototypes are printed in PLA and will most likely not hold up well, but I have more engineering-friendly material like nylons that should be more durable if I decide to actually use 3D-printed parts. I have 3d-printed a radio block-off plate which we sanded and painted, so I already have some 3d-printed parts in this car:
3d-print.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

grelland

Post by grelland » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:55 am

It was my yongest son's birthday yesterday (turning 12), and when I aske what he wanted to do, he wanted to spend some time with me in the garage ;)

SO we had a look at the pulleys, as I had some issues last summer where I used a wbx crank pulley, butr that had a very different offset than a type1, so I had to shim out the upper pulley way too much.

I trial fitted a type1 pulley that had the "threads" machined down, and then the alignment is much better. Still need some fine adjustments with shims, but this will be good.

I also (thankfully) noticed that I had forgotten one of the blind plugs on the flywheel side of the case, so the flywheel had to come off again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ajdenette

Post by ajdenette » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm

lucky catch on the missing plug that could have caused a big head ache.
Alex

|_________oo_oo
/ /__/____[_____\
I I======[]IIIIIII[]
()_)-----()_)----)_)

andy198712

Post by andy198712 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:14 pm

I’ve made that mistake! Great thread thanks for sharing :)