How much boost is practical for a daily driver

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Clonebug

Re: How much boost is practical for a daily driver

Post by Clonebug »

It's hidden behind the pulley.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Tricky!
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

That's what all of us cool guy are running...... :wink: :lol:

Here you can see the VR sensor mounted behind the pulley.

The teeth are mounted on the back side of the pulley and match the VR sensor for a very clean trigger wheel setup.
I sent the pulley that's mounted on the engine to Mario and he had it machined and then fit the trigger wheel to it for me.

Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Nice! I found one of those pullies today in one of the cars I brought back from up north. Apparently I had it before and I threw it in there thinking I might use it. It's exactly like the one your showing. But the tape on it doesn't look as nice. Yay for me! I may send Mario mine, but we do have a machinist at work and the machines. But that usually ends up me owing him one. That's never a good thing!
So once I have one I can sit at the cool table??!!
theKbStockpiler

Post by theKbStockpiler »

What's in the location of where the distributor goes and what other sensors are you using?
Super beetle with attitude
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

theKbStockpiler wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:38 pm What's in the location of where the distributor goes and what other sensors are you using?
That's an old 009 Distributor that I gutted and cut the housing down. I then put a plumbing rubber cap on it to make a disrtributor plug. The gear and shaft are still in but it is only about 1.5 inches tall and out of the way.

It's been relegated to the shelf now.....I have an oil filler in there now.

I have.....

CLT (engine coolant temp...or head temp for warm up purposes)
CLT #2 In the universal case filler cover for T3. Senses oil temp when I switch it over...I can display Head or oil temps on Tunerstudio.
EGT
TPS
IAT
AFR
MapDaddy baro compensation.....in essence two map sensors...one for boost over 21 lbs. and one for continuous barometer sensing.
Boost gauge.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I'm glad you mentioned that. I've been wondering what guys do with CLT. I was also wondering how you were boosting over 21 psi with MS2.
terryly

Post by terryly »

Morning bugguy I used one of Mario's for conveneince It is bolted to #3 cylinder tin. I have heard of guys using an oil temp sensor and measure oil temps on an air cooled I think its really slow and not ideal for us. I wonder if there is production air cooled bikes that are fuel injected ? I think you can make yourself one as well.
Terry Lytle
Canada
8.5-1 comp
JE forged pistons
Porsche piston squirters
30mm triple "O"ring pump
Web 86 a
1.4 ratio rocker
MS3 PRO ecu
Mini Cam Sync
LS2 coil
50mm Throttle body
TD04L-13T Turbo
SL-1 Turbo prepped heads
buguy

Post by buguy »

Beats me. Ducati Monster is one of the last air cooled FI bike I can think of. I think they just went water cooled recently. Harley just went water cooled last year I think?
theKbStockpiler

Not all of the sensors are for the ECU correct,like the EGT? Do you have 2 O2 senors ,one for the ECU and one for a gauge?
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

buguy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:45 pm I didn't see a trigger wheel in that video??
That is because I do a hidden setup
http://www.thedubshop.com/type-1/

-
2017-11-17 13.38.51.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
buguy

Post by buguy »

I see that! I guess it's almost time for us to have a conversation Mario!
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

theKbStockpiler wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:17 am Not all of the sensors are for the ECU correct,like the EGT? Do you have 2 O2 senors ,one for the ECU and one for a gauge?
Most 02 setups have two outputs, one for ecu, one a gauge.
On my setup, everything is logged by the ecu. I do have a digital AFR readout on my dash from my post turbo wideband.
theKbStockpiler

Did the O2 controller come with the Kit? I was trying to source the controller independently and could only find one source a few years ago.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

What kit? I'm not big on kits.
Plx, innovate, 14point7.com, and AEM, all offer various wideband options. Currently my tailpipe has an innovate LC2, and I use their Autotimer for my afr readout on my dash. I also have a 14point7.com Megaspartan controlling 4 more wideband sensors, one per primary.