anyone would like the vw 2052 tool?

Discuss VW transaxles and transmissions. Gearheads wanted!
grzesiek

anyone would like the vw 2052 tool?

Post by grzesiek »

Hi Would there be any interest in the vw 2052 tool? I had it made for myself its precision CNC cut out of two pieces of 15mm thick tool steel bolted with two m8 bolts it clamps the nut very securely. Its very tough I'm sure it will not wear out and it will be last tool you will ever need for this job. The cost short run would be around 120GBP but will go down if I can get more done.
Last edited by grzesiek on Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casting Timmy

Re: anyone would like the vw 2052 tool?

Post by Casting Timmy »

There's two of those nuts like that, some tools can work for both and others can't. Might consider confirming it works for both if you're going to advertise it for sale. I use a laser cut one that Prescott sold for a while and a beetle splined fourth gear for doing 091's. It was a fine tooth beetle gear that I just ground flat on one side so the vice holds it easy.

Looks good
grzesiek

Post by grzesiek »

yes it fits both early (smaller splines ) and late (larger splines) nuts pictured is late nut. the tool is very neat you can put it in the vice or press and its as solid as rock.
grzesiek

Post by grzesiek »

And yes just grind down old 4th gear to turn the shaft.
Clatter

Post by Clatter »

Hi,

I'm interested in one of these.

Let me know what you need.

Thanks
Speedier than a Fasting Bullet!

Beginners' how-to Type 4 build thread ---> http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=145853