MadMike's 'Casper' 76 bug

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
buguy

Re: My latest ride

Post by buguy »

Haha! It was 45* here Thursday morning when I went to work. I was shivering!
madmike

Post by madmike »

Back to winter up here we got dumped on :roll: 10+ " of the white stuff :roll: :( :cry:
so no turbo news for me :| :lol:
John S.

Post by John S. »

What's the fastest you ever got the rail dragster to go? Was it only a two speed sand set-up?
madmike

Post by madmike »

Hey John, fastest I ever went 1/8th mile was 7.9 @ 88mph with the sand trans,, had to coast across the finish line :lol:
Why do u ask? :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Great,Now I have to add up what I've got in a Stroker motor ,,, but remember it took years to build cuz I $croung the swap meets :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

I'm Amish this wknd :lol: , 'No Power" just the Generator :roll:
so sick of winter :evil: another 14+" of snow & ice :cry: tress on the ground/wires ect.. good old Michigan or Mother Nature is Bi-Polar and off her Med's :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buguy

Post by buguy »

That's so crazy. It was like 88 degrees or something here yesterday.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Crazy ain't the word I'd use,,,, today were getting another 6 inches :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :(
Power is back on ,,for now ,, only out for 29 1/2 hours :lol:
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

We have nothing but rain......... :roll: :cry: :cry:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

madmike wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:16 am Hey John, fastest I ever went 1/8th mile was 7.9 @ 88mph with the sand trans,, had to coast across the finish line :lol:
Why do u ask? :lol:
Except for the grandstand, the safety barriers, some speakers and the wing; that pix of a singleton pass brought back a lot of memories; I go back to front engine rails only. Back in the day they drug the rails down to the end of the strip to push start them heading back to the start line. The driver's had to be careful turning around as they had so much caster in the front suspension that is could, and often did, collapse if they turned too tight and the trip was over; a lot of pushing and shoving to get things ready. The engine would be very warm by then so there was no funny stuff/head games like went on for a while and they would quickly line up and either the starter w/flag would point to each to see if they were ready or, later, the tree. I can remember seeing my first 200 mph pass (204 mph).

We always backed the truck in at the finish line as that was where all the speed was and the broken stuff would often fall off about where we were. Back then they cooked the tires pretty much the whole pass.

Things sure have changed!

Thanks, Lee
madmike

Post by madmike »

:lol: That's showin your age O'l fog :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

Finally got around to order the RLR Intake manifold,Photo coming when it arrives :wink:
now to place a Jeg's order for fittings and a new O2 sensor.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Is that the one that has the ports for oil to go through it?
madmike

Post by madmike »

Yes , has ports for oil :wink: , although I'm not having any issues with the Chassie Shops' intake ,, I just figure it with help and I'll have a spare intake for the 1915cc motor :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

Intake arrived yesterday while I was watching my Grandson,so did really have time to do anything :lol:
now I'm waiting on new O2 sensor & -8 fittings from Jeg's :wink: