It's a reality! Carbon Fiber DTM!!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

It's a reality! Carbon Fiber DTM!!

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Okay, The mold is done!

Should have a completely carbon fiber DTM available in less than two months!

This shroud will be exacting to the fiberglass version but will simply be made from carbon fiber. It will look absolutely amazing! When guys see what it looks like I don't think many people will be favoring the 911 for cosmetic reasons any longer!

The shroud will also be available with the matching Carbon fiber backing plate, matching air filters, and valve covers. It will be available in standard carbon, blue, red,green and yellow.

If you are interested in this shroud, or in buying just the shroud to swap your existing DTM internals into, email us ASAP as we are starting a wait list for them. Our Super Hero engines will be getting these first and the rest will be available according to how many the builder can make and keep the quality super high...

As for cost, the shroud alone will probably be 250-400.00 so the cost of the kit will go up the same amount.

I will be posting pics as the flaws are worked out of the mold and the pieces start looking the way they should!
Last edited by MASSIVE TYPE IV on Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
powerzen

Post by powerzen »

let's talk. put me on your call list this week.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

are you still awake? My last call is at 0130 tonite!
dstar5000

Post by dstar5000 »

I thought carbon fiber doesn't burn or discolour with heat....

Don
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Oh, it'll burn. Its just more heat resistant than the metal its replacing, also less of an "OUCH" factor if you touch it while the engine is running or hot than the metal - looks cooler too. Never heard of it discoloring though.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

It will burn... and it is also a conductor of electricity... Zen found that out a few weeks ago!
Honda's Killer

Post by Honda's Killer »

Jake I thought your DTM didnt cool as good as a nasty chrome shroud. Not being rude. Just, why make it if it doesnt cool as good?

Again not trying to be rude
CompTurbo.com, Lucas Oil, Pacific Customs,
MASSIVE TYPE IV

This is the Type 4 DTM.... It came out on top of the testing....

The Type I did get spanked by the 36HP shroud in round one
zydeco

Post by zydeco »

Any plans for a silver/aluminized carbon fibre (or aluminized fiber glass)? I'd guess that would be a popular seller!?
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Just one! Its going in my Thing...

The material is very hard to find, as it is used in very few applications.
samcat

Post by samcat »

Ohhhh.

I have emailed, and REALLY want the full blown deluxe kit for my next engine build...

Problem is I am in the UK :(

Will it be an issue? Or can something be arranged?

Cheers for now,
Sam C
MASSIVE TYPE IV

You can buy it through aircooled.net
dstar5000

Post by dstar5000 »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:It will burn... and it is also a conductor of electricity... Zen found that out a few weeks ago!
Heh, Heh, Heh!

Yea, the strands inside the spark plug wires are CF, aren't they?

I got Carbon Joe valve covers and one is discolored,
am wondering what caused it.

Looks like the heat from the clamp did it!

I take a pic this weekend and post it Monday.
I'm going fishin!
:-D

Don
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
powerzen

Post by powerzen »

i managed to burn it and discolor it all at once. :D

i had a switched hot terminal mounted to the c/f with rubber grommets between the terminal and the c/f and the same for a ground terminal. since the screws were touching the terminal and the c/f (even though the terminals themselves were insolated) they found each other.
samcat

Post by samcat »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:You can buy it through aircooled.net
Cool,
Have emailed aircooled.net, hopefully I will get a response as I have funds available now for either a standard or CF dtm (REALLY want a CF one).

Any idea how much more than the stock dtm the carbon one will be (full deluxe kit)?

Cheers for now,
Sam C,
Bristol,
UK